What cc/implant size you would recommend based body frame/measurements? Round and anatomical shape (cohesive gel/gummy) (Photo)

I know my frame is on the petite side and was told I could only fit around 270-320cc maximum. My size goal is attached in a picture. My self measurements- height 5'3", wt 120, bust 32" (32B), waist 26.5", hip 36", breast width 12cm, nipple to bottom of breast crease 7cm, suprasternal notch to nipples 18.5cm, nipple to nipple 19cm, spacing between breast 2cm, upper pole thickness 3.2, medial and lateral soft tissue thickness 2.8cm.

Breast implant size

When choosing a implant size, there are many factors, but most importantly is the amount of breast tissue you already have, and how elastic and loose it is.  Your surgeon can determine the best size, depending oin your desires at the time of surgery.

What cc/implant size you would recommend based body frame/measurements? Round and anatomical shape (cohesive gel/gummy)

Thank you for your question. The most important factor when sizing implants, is working closely with your surgeon in person to find the implant size that gives you the look that you desire. Careful measurements of your breast and chest wall will help determine which size implants will fit within your natural breast footprint. Taking into account your desired look, and your measurements, an implant is chosen that specifically fits your body. Unfortunately, online recommendations are not that helpful. Make sure that you have a good relationship with your plastic surgeon, so that you two can work together to find the right size. In my office, patients try on implants in a bra and clothing. There able to see how they look in the mirror, and in photographs. Women are also encouraged to bring in wish pictures, so that I can get a sense of the look that they would like to achieve. Good luck with the process!

Breast Implant Sizing

Hello,Thank you for the detailed measurements. Anything other than the Tebbit's 'high five' measurements is, quite frankly, irrelevant to proper tissue based implant planning. Additionally, many of these important measurements are subjective to the one taking the measurements, so it's important that a surgeon that is experienced in taking these measurements does it. Assuming the N:IMF distance on stretch is accurate, 7 cm affords you an implant that would be between 250 cc to 275 cc.  Once again, an experienced surgeon can determine by your tissue characteristic and by the anterior pull skin stretch (APSS) measurement whether you can go up to 300 cc or more. Go visit a few ABPS certified/ASAPS member surgeons that adhere to tissue based planning and the concepts behind rapid recovery breast augmentation.As for round versus shaped, the discussion would go far beyond the scope of this forum.  I will tell you though, that there is a major push back right now by American surgeons, people who have never used them and who quote inaccurate infromatation, giving shaped implants a reputation they don't deserve. In the hands of surgeons who have a lot of experience with them, shaped implants have the lowest risk of complications, have the most durable appearance through time, and ripple the least compared to their round counterparts. Best of luck!

Gerald Minniti, MD, FACS

Breast implant size selection?

One can only provide an estimate of optimal implant size based on measurements, photographs and size goals.  It is only in my opinion during the surgery when test implants "sizers" can be placed that the actual effect of the implant can be determined optimally.  Although I expect you would be in the range of 270 to 320 mL my choice is to create the space for the implant and place test implants to determine what comes closest to your ideal size and contour goals while maintaining a natural appearance.  I do not believe that there is much value in stuffing a bra or making an inflexible selection prior to actual performance of the surgery. Please watch the video above for more information.  Good luck and best wishes. Jon A Perlman M.D., FACS
Diplomate, American Board of Plastic Surgery
Member, American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS)
ABC-TV Extreme Makeover Surgeon
Beverly Hills, California

Jon A. Perlman, MD

High profile gel

I would use approximately 300 to 320 depending on in office exact findings. I do not prefer anatomical implants on any pstients due to rotational deformity

Stuart A. Linder, MD, FACS

Breast Implants/Breast Augmentation/Anatomic Gummy Bear Implants/ Silicone Implants/Breast Implant Revision Surgery

I appreciate your question. The size of implant best for you is dictated by your chest wall measurements.  Once we determine that we can choose the profile based on what you want or need to achieve.  If you are seeking a natural look, then the diameter of the implant should be equal to or, more ideally, smaller than the width of your breast. The breast width is a measurement of how wide your breast is at the base, which should be measured at the level of the nipple. Choosing an implant that is smaller in diameter than your breast width will avoid the "side breast" fullness that is often associated with a more artificial appearance.  Other than that, you should choose the implant based on volume, not on the dimensions of the implant. You should choose a board certified plastic surgeon that you trust to help guide you in this decision.   Silicone will give you a fullness at the top (upper pole fullness). Silicone implants come pre-filled with a silicone gel and are the softest implant available. They feel more natural, which makes them a good option for women with less natural breast tissue; but they require a larger incision. It may be more difficult to realize if this type of implant has ruptured, so it is important to monitor them with annual follow-up visits. Additionally, because this implant contains a more liquid silicone (less cross-linked), if this implant should rupture, it will leak only into the scar capsule formed around the implant but may cause some discomfort or implant distortion. Anatomic gummy bear implants might be a good choice to give you volume. These highly-sought-after, anatomic implants offer a look that more closely resembles the natural silhouette of a breast, and, therefore, are a very attractive option for individuals seeking a natural-looking, aesthetic primary breast augmentation. Additionally, these implants are an especially excellent option for patients undergoing restorative or corrective breast surgery because they provide more stability, shape, and reduced incidence of capsular contracture. Compared to other types of silicone gel implants, the silicone in the cohesive gel implant is more cross-linked; therefore, should the implant shell “rupture,” it maintains its shape and silicone does not leak. During your breast augmentation consultation, you should feel the different types of implants available, and try on various implant sizers in front of a mirror to help you to get an idea of how you will look following the surgery. You should also bring pictures of the look you would like to achieve, as well as a favorite top to wear when trying on implant sizers. The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam. Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative breast surgery. Best of luck! Dr. Schwartz Board Certified Plastic Surgeon Director-Beverly Hills Breast and Body Institute #RealSelf100Surgeon #RealSelfCORESurgeon

Choosing implants

Your best bet when you are trying to decide on implants is to try on sizers of the exact implant you are considering inside a very tight sports bra. This will give you a close idea of what you will look like. More importantly the dimensions or width of the implants need to match and fit your frame and body. If you are working with a board certified plastic surgeon with an expertise in breast augmentation he or she should be able to help you with this in their office. Good luck! 

Dean Vistnes, M.D.
Vistnes Plastic Surgery
San Francisco Bay Area

#drdeanvistnes #breastaugmentation

M. Dean Vistnes, MD
Bay Area Plastic Surgeon

What cc/implant size you would recommend based body frame/measurements?

Thank you for the question and picture. Despite your good description of body dimensions, online consultants will not be able to provide you with specific enough advice to be truly helpful. Ultimately, careful communication of your goals (in my practice I prefer the use of goal pictures, direct examination/communication in front of a full-length mirror, in bra sizers, and computer imaging)  as well as careful measurements (dimensional planning) will be critical.

Generally speaking, the best online advice I can give to ladies who are considering breast augmentation surgery ( regarding breast implant size/profile selection) is:

1. Concentrate on choosing your plastic surgeon carefully. Concentrate on appropriate training, certification, and the ability of the plastic surgeon to achieve the results you are looking for. Ask to see lots of examples of his/her work.

2. Have a full discussion and communication regarding your desired goals with your plastic surgeon. This communication will be critical in determining breast implant size/type/profile will most likely help achieve your goals.  In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. For example,  I have found that the use of words such as “natural” or "C or D cup” etc means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful. Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on him who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup size may also be inaccurate. Again, the use of computer imaging has been very helpful during the communication process, in our practice.

3. Once you feel you have communicated your goals clearly, allow your plastic surgeon to use his/her years of experience/judgment to choose the breast implant size/profile that will best meet your goals. Again, in my practice, this decision is usually made during surgery, after the use of temporary intraoperative sizers. I hope this (and the attached link, dedicated to breast augmentation surgery concerns) helps. Best wishes.