Not sure what I need but I do not like my nose. (photos)

I feel that my nose is too big but I'm not sure what type of surgery would suit me best.

Rhinoplasty

Thank you for your question and photographs.

I would recommend scheduling a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon who specializes in rhinoplasty so that they can perform a nasal examination and give you the best recommendations. The key is not to reduce the size of the nose to make it “smaller”, you want to reduce and refine your nose so it is proportional to the rest of your face. Based on your photographs, you may benefit from a tip rhinoplasty which includes trimming the lower lateral cartilages and placing precision sutures to refine the tip and make it look more pleasing along with shaving down excess cartilage or bone from the bridge. The combination of the two should help reduce the projection of your nose. I hope this helps.
Best of luck in your endeavors!
Sincerely,

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Board Certified ENT
Board Certified Plastic Surgery
Member of ASPS, ASAPS, ISAPS, The Rhinoplasty Society, AAFPRS, OTO/HNS, ASLMS, International Federation for Adipose Therapeutics & Science

Pittsburgh Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty, some advices:

Thank you very much for sharing your concerns with us.

The harmony between facial parts makes us instinctively recognize the beauty... without knowing it, without defining it, just a perception that surprises and captivates us.

In this regard, I suggest perform a Closed Rhinoplasty (without visible scars) to treat the tip, base and nasal bridge.
With this procedure you get a delicate nose, better harmonize with your other facial features.

Respectfully,
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

I Do Not Like My Nose

Your profile can be improved by removing your hump and decreasing tip projection while slightly lifting your tip. From the front view your entire nose can be made narrower and the tip softened and refined. This will reduced the size of your large nose, make it proportional to your surrounding facial features, and give you a more feminine appearance.

Rhinoplasty candidate

The nose is a three-dimensional structure, therefore a full set of photographs are required to make a determination about what may be needed. From the very limited photographs, it appears that there is an overly projecting nose with the dorsal hump. A closed rhinoplasty approach can accomplish shaving down the dorsal hump, decreasing the projection of the nose, and refining the nasal tip, with all of the incisions placed on the inside of the nose. Digital computer imaging would be helpful to understand what can be accomplished with your nose on your facial features. Rhinoplasty is a very difficult endeavor, so choose your surgeon very wisely based on extensive experience. For more information and many examples, please see the link and the video below

Rhinoplasty for the over projected nose with hump etc.

Rhinoplasty for the over projected nose with hump etc.  your hump can be removed and the tip deprojected with narrowing of your nasal bones etc. This will give you a more feminine and attractive nose. See a very experienced rhinoplasty surgeon who can show you natural looking results and not the overdone look. 

Nasal tip deprojection

Hello and thank you for your question. Based on your photograph, you may benefit from a tip refining rhinoplasty. Your surgeon can accomplish this by trimming, suturing, and reshaping the cartilage in your lower nose. Cartilage grafts may also be used to help improve tip refinement. You may also benefit from a nasal tip deprojection to decrease the overall size of your nose and a conservative dorsal hump reduction.  Make sure you specifically look at before and after pictures of real patients who have had this surgery performed by your surgeon and not just a computer animation system. The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD

Not sure what I need but I do not like my nose.

Thank you for your question and photo.  Based on your photo what I see is widening of the nasal tip.  It is possible that a tip rhinoplasty alone may be all that you need.  However you need and in person examination for a proper answer to your question.  Please consult a board-certified plastic surgeon who is experienced at rhinoplasty surgery.