Wondering if a lower blephaplasty would work on my eyes. (Photos)

My eyes 4 months after my belotero injection. Eyes looks worst after than before my injection. Looks puffy as if someone had punch me in both eyes. I'm in need of help or what other surgery out there that I can help with this.

Lower blepharoplasty?

Hello, I would go back to your doctor to have them evaluate your eyelids. You may need to have the product dissolved with hyaluronidase, and then have a repeat exam with a plastic surgeon that has extensive experience in eyelids so that you can better determine your options. Best of luck...

Lower blepharoplasty candidate?

By your photos, it appears that your belotero is the problem. I'd recommend you discuss this with your injector. One option is to dissolve the belotero and start over. Right now, because of the belotero fullness, there is no way to tell if you would be a candidate for a lower blepharoplasty.

Andrew Campbell, M.D.

Facial Rejuvenation Specialist

Quintessa Aesthetic Centers

Andrew Campbell, MD
Milwaukee Facial Plastic Surgeon

Blepharoplasty after Belotero

In my experience it is best to wait for the Belatero to dissolve completely before moving forward with any other treatment.

Daniel Lensink, MD
Redding Oculoplastic Surgeon

Lower eyelid

Hello and thank you for your question. I recommend returning to your injector to have the boletero dissolved.  You could then be evaluated for a lower lid blepharoplasty via a transconjunctival approach for fat removal if indicated.  Make sure you specifically look at before and after pictures of real patients who have had this surgery performed by your surgeon and evaluate their results.  The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD

Blepharoplasty after filler injection is okay if needed

First need to get rid of the existing filler and then re-evaluate. If there is fat prolapse present, then lower blepharoplasty is an option. See an oculoplastic specialist for evaluation.

Mehryar (Ray) Taban, MD, FACS
Beverly Hills Oculoplastic Surgeon

Lower Lid Blepharoplasty after Belotero

An option for you is fractional CO2 laser resurfacing to tighten the skin and improve skin quality. The contour of the lower lids is actually very good - the puffiness is located lower than the septal area - along the orbital rim and cheek rather than up in the lower lid. I would recommend seeing an Oculoplastic Surgeon for evaluation and suggestions.

Sara A. Kaltreider, MD
Charlottesville Oculoplastic Surgeon

Puffy after belotero

Most of the puffiness I see in your photos is from the belotero injections. I would recommend seeing your injector and having the filler dissolved.  Filler in this area can take a very long time to absorb and can look puffier over time.  Once it has all settled down then consider an evaluation by a surgeon to see if surgery would be your best option. I hope this helps and good luck.

Katrinka L. Heher, MD
Boston Oculoplastic Surgeon

Possible blepharoplasty

It is a bit difficult to judge whether you might be a good candidate for lower blepharoplasty while you still have the Belotero in place.  I would recommend waiting about 6 months for the Belotero to dissolve and then have your lower eyelid area evaluated for possible surgery.  If you did not want to wait 6 months, your other option would be to have the Belotero dissolved with an injection of hyaluronidase.   

Michael I. Echavez, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon