I've decided to replace both Implants, should I have a Breast Lift if I'm keeping the 550cc to 600?

Do I need an uplift at the time of implant replacement?

If you are planning to keep the large size of the implants that you have in place you may not need an uplift since it is sometimes used to reduce the skin surface area to allow for smaller implant.  Otherwise, the type of lift and the possible need for live would be determined by your nipple position on a physical exam.  You might enjoy the video linked to above for more information about breast uplift surgery and when it is needed.  Good luck and best wishes,

Jon A Perlman M.D., FACS
Diplomate, American Board of Plastic Surgery
Member, American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS)
ABC-TV Extreme Makeover Surgeon
Beverly Hills, California

Breast lift

Thank you for your question.  Unfortunately without any photos or an i person examination, determination of whether or not you would benefit from a breast lift procedure cannot be made.  The best advice would be to schedule a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon to be evaluated, discuss your surgical options, address your goals and work together to create the surgical plan that will best help you achieve the overall look you desire.

With kind regards,
Lane F. Smith, M.D., F.A.A.C.S., F.A.O.H.N.S., F.A.B.F.P.R.S.

Lane Smith, MD

Exam or Pictures Are Needed

Needing a breast lift is based on the position of your breast tissue and nipples. If your nipples are below your breast fold, pointing down, or hanging off of the implant then most likely you will need a breast lift. 

Allen M. Doezie, MD

Is a lift needed?

If you are not changing your implant size substantially and your current nipple position and shape of your breast is good, then you probably don't need a lift.  Its difficult to give you an idea without photos to review and even then, an exam in person is much better for the best opinion possible.

If you are considering a lift to improve the shape of your breast and lift your nipple position, then I will echo what others have said.  The longevity of your result especially if your skin/tissue is somewhat thin will improve with smaller implants.  Each 600cc implant weighs about 1.4 pounds.  It can definitely take a toll.

Best of luck to you!

No way to

answer this question without some pictures or a physical exam. If you want to resubmit this question with some pictures of the way you currently look then someone may be able to better answer your question.

Whether or not you will require breast lifting surgery at the time of the time of revisionary breast surgery will depending on your physical examination. My best advice: select your plastic surgeon carefully. Make sure that he/she has significant experience achieving the types of outcomes you would be pleased with. Then, communicate your goals carefully as well. Working together you will come up with a good plan to achieve an outcome that you will be pleased with. You may find the attached link, dedicated to revisionary surgery concerns, helpful to you as you learn more. Best wishes.

I've decided to replace both implants, should i have a BL if i'm keeping the 550-600

Thank you for sharing your question.  Unfortunately without a full series of pictures to determine the current position of your nipple and areola it is impossible to offer definite advice.  If you are otherwise happy with your breast appearance exchanging the implants will not materially affect your current results.  Hope this helps. 

Lift

Without photos, I cannot comment about your needing a lift. However, if a lift is being considered, you might want to decrease the size of your implants so they will not put so much weight on your tissue and thin your skin. Long term, big heavy implants tend to sag.

Connie Hiers, MD
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon

Lift and replacement

Without a photograph it woudl be very  difficult to give you any sage advice. Generally speaking, in my experience, lifts of the breast will fare better, as far as longevity goes, with smaller implants and larger amounts of the stretched out skin removed. The larger implant necessitates not removing as much skin and also puts a gravitational dissent into the mix. The skin is unlikely to be able to hold up a heavier breast implant combination than what was smaller earlier. In my opinion, perkier breasts, over time ,look more youthful than larger breasts in a strecthed out skin envelope. best of luck.

Marc J. Salzman, MD, FACS