I would like an opinion as to what kind of surgery or procedures I need to be "looking into". Lower neck lift? Eye work? (Photo)

Would Kybela even work on my chin or would that be a waste of good money? Speaking of money. what kind of money am I looking to invest? Nothing exact but "ball park" figure would help. I'll be 61 years old next week and I think I'm having a midlife crisis. lol

Determining Which Facial Procedures are Right For You

During your #consultation, your skin texture and elasticity, as well as your underlying skin structure and your facial bone structure will be evaluated. Based on this evaluation, your board certified plastic surgeons will create a custom surgical plan, detailing specific techniques and recommendations to meet your goals. In doing so, he or she should be sure to have a full understanding of what results you expect. If you are not a #candidate, your surgeon can make other suggestions to address your concerns and objectives.
It is possible to #combine #surgeries. In fact, I commonly recommend other procedures to go accompany a facelift, such as blepharoplasty or a midface (cheek) lift, to name a few. The combination of multiple of facial procedures may create an optimal result. The best procedure approach will be discussed in greater detail during your one-on-one #consultation. I invite you to visit PacificCenterPlasticSurgery.com to view a complete list of surgeries commonly performed.
It is extremely important to seek a board certified plastic surgeon highly trained with your desired procedures. I also encourage you to look at before and after photos of the surgeons actual patients. Also, reading patient reviews of those who have had combined surgeries will be beneficial. Gathering all of this information will help you make a well-informed decision.

Facial rejuvenation

Based on these photos your best investment would be a comprehensive facial rejuvenation including upper and lower eyelids, face and neck lift. This can be done all in one surgery or every surgery can be done separately You seem to have good bone framework, symmetric and harmonious face; full rejuvenation in experienced hands will create an amazing improvement and will last for a long time. Do not waste your money with a non-surgical procedures. Cost of surgery will depend of the region and reputation of the surgeon. You should see a reputable board certified plastic surgeon  with good experience in facial rejuvenation for detailed clinical evaluation and discuss your options. Good luck.

Zoran Potparic, MD
Fort Lauderdale Plastic Surgeon

Opinion as to what kind of surgery or procedures I need to be "looking into".

Hi, I have performed facelifts for over 30 years and have performed many minimally, invasive type facelifts on women in their late twenties and early thirties.  From the photos your cheeks are flat anteriorly (in the front), there is excess fat in front of and below the cheeks as well as the neck, jowls are present and there is aging of the upper and lower eyelids.  These factors combine to create an elongated, oval shaped face. 

Following the beauty principles outlined in my book on face and body beauty, women look the most feminine, youthful and attractive with heart shaped faces.  Heart shaped faces have cheeks that are full and round in the front.  Cheek augmentation with a dermal filler or using cheek implants for a permanent enhancement will create full, round cheeks that will feminize the entire face.

"Jowls” are sagging facial tissues and an indication for some form of a SMAS facelift.  The underlying SMAS layer, of the face, must be dissected, lifted, trimmed and re-sutured (not merely folded or suspended with threads or sutures that will not last).  The excess skin is then removed and the facelift incisions closed.

My most popular facelift is the minimally invasive, short incision facelift that has all the benefits of more invasive facelifts (traditional, mid-face, deep plane, cheek lift and subperiosteal facelifts) but with these added benefits:
  • very small incisions
  • minimal tissue dissection = less bruising and swelling = rapid recovery ( several days instead of weeks or months with the more invasive type facelifts mentioned)
  • can be performed in 90 minutes or less, with or without general anesthesia
  • no incisions within the hair = no hair loss
  • excess fat can be removed
  • excess skin removed
  • cheeks, chin and jaw line can be augmented with dermal fillers (I prefer Restylane Lyft) or facial implants
  • most patients fly back home to parts all over the world in as little as 3 days post-op
I combine facial shaping with every facelift procedure.  When jowls are present, these should be done in concert and not alone or separately in order to create a naturally, more attractive face. Rejuvenating the face as described above can create a more youthful, feminine and attractive face. The photos show low eyebrows and excess skin/fat of both the upper and lower eyelids which tend to make the face appear "tired".  These could be addressed after the minimally, invasive incision SMAS Facelift (described above) if you were interested in improving that aspect of your face.

Hope this helps.