I'm a 61 year old woman and want to know what procedures are needed to regain a more youthful appearance (Photo)
Doctor Answers 20
Neck Lift Is Only Permanent Remedy for Turkey Neck
Thank you for your photos. My recommendation would be for a full rhytidectomy (facelift) with neck lift and platysmaplasty, plus upper and lower blepharoplasty. This will give you a dramatically rejuvenated look that will last anywhere from 10 to 20 years. As long as you are healthy and your diabetes is under control, you should handle those procedures well. You have a great deal of under-chin sagging and jowling. Only a necklift with platysmaplasty can resolve neck drooping and only a mini lift or facelift can remove the jowls. I hope this helps.
Options to attain more youthful appearance
You might also like...
Best wishes and good luck.
Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon
Lower face and neck lift
Vistnes Plastic Surgery
#realself #drdeanvistnes #lowerfaceandnecklift #blepharoplasty
I'm a 61 year old woman and want to know what procedures are needed to regain a more youthful appearance
61 year old diabetic woman, needs to know the best procedures to attain a more youthful appearance.
If the chin is weak, this creates an imbalance making the nose appear larger, the mid face top heavy and the lower face look short that de-emphasizes the lips and allows early formation of a double chin. Chin augmentation using a chin implant will add projection to the chin creating harmony and balance to the lower face. I have found that placement of a silastic chin implant, through a small curved incision under the chin (also allows excess skin removal) to be very safe, quick and highly effective.
If you have "jowls” these are sagging facial tissues and an indication for some form of a SMAS facelift. The underlying SMAS layer, of the face, must be dissected, lifted, trimmed and re-sutured (not merely folded or suspended with threads or sutures that will not last). The excess skin is then removed and the facelift incisions closed.
My most popular facelift is the minimally invasive, short incision facelift that has all the benefits of more invasive facelifts (traditional, mid-face, deep plane, cheek lift and subperiosteal facelifts) but with these added benefits:
- very small incisions
- minimal tissue dissection = less bruising and swelling = rapid recovery ( several days instead of weeks or months with the more invasive type facelifts mentioned)
- can be performed in 90 minutes or less, with or without general anesthesia
- no incisions within the hair = no hair loss
- excess fat can be removed
- excess skin removed
- cheeks, chin and jaw line can be augmented with dermal fillers (I prefer Restylane Lyft) or facial implants
- most patients fly back home to parts all over the world in as little as 3 days post-op
Hope this helps.
Face natural lift first
Skin quality, volume loss, excess sagging tissue-all need to be addressed
Face lift surgery at 61?
- You have lovely features and look excellent for your age.
- Surgery can definitely be done for someone with controlled diabetes -
- Your regular doctor will clear you for surgery.
- At a glance, a face and neck lift seem like the best approach -
- With upper lid surgery and fat grafts if you want them done at the same time.
These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.