Are my breast tubular? (Photo)

I've finally saved enough for an augumentation and I'm wondering if my breast are tubular. If my goals are to gain fullness and cleavage, is this possible? And lastly, is a periareola incision necessary to flatten out my puffy nipples?

Tuberous breasts

hank you for the question and photos.  it does not seem that you have tuberous breasts but they are a bit asymmetrical based on the photos.  This can be improved with careful breast augmentation.  It is always best to visit a board-certified plastic surgeon and have a full evaluation for your concern. Best of luck. Dr. Michael Omidi.

An in-person exam with a board-certified plastic surgeon is the best way to assess your needs and provide true medical advice.

Tubular or not

You do have a slightly herniated areola, which is a feature of tuberous breasts, but you do not have a very constricted base.  You are a good candidate for breast augmentation in my view but be sure your doctor has proper experience with this finding.  Be sure to discuss with your own surgeon about how this applies to you, and whether they have any special concerns in your case.

Breast Augmentation

Based solely on your photos, I would not say that your breasts are tubular. I think you would be a good candidate for a breast augmentation with the periareolar approach. Schedule a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon in your area (link below) to be assessed in person. Best, Dr. Nazarian

Sheila S. Nazarian, MD

Tuberous breasts?

Thank you for your question and photos.  I would not say that you have tuberous breasts.  Rather, your breasts are somewhat constricted.  A breast augmentation using the periareolar approach should allow you achieve a nice result.  Due to the asymmetry of your breasts though, different sized implants may be used.  To determine what you can realistically expect from a breast augmentation, please be seen in person by a board certified plastic surgeon.

Dr. Results
Miami, FL

Constricted areolas

You have asymmetric, constricted areolas. Ideally, they could be improved with breast implants and periareolar mastopexy.

Ciro Adamo, PhD, MD
London Plastic Surgeon

READY FOR AUGMENTATION

Hi and thanks for your photo. Your breasts are slightly to the outside and somewhat widely spaced, but otherwise nicely shaped. As others have pointed out you do have nipple herniation and larger areolas. You would benefit from a circumareolar mastopexy for the herniations and to prevent your areolas from getting even larger after placement of an implant ( which will happen)  Another option is fat transfer to your cleavage area to soften  with the use of implants. This is a procedure ( fat transfer to cleavage) I perform frequently with my patients who have little tissue or are "leaned out" in this area. Wishing you well!

Tubular breast

As others have pointed out, you do not have tubular breast but you do have some herniated nipples.  I would recommend a periarealor incision for your BA.  Good luck.

Tubular breasts

Typically one would expect a different breast profile with tubular breasts and so I do not think your breasts are tubular.
However, examining your ideal photo and then looking at you pictures, several things come up.
1) Nipple size and position difference. The nipple size in the ideal is very small in relation to the overall size of the breasts. Your nipples are large in relation to the size of your non augmented breasts and are at different heights. In my opinion, you would need a areolar reduction to come closer to your ideal picture.
2) Look at the distance between the nipple and the breast crease as measured straight down in your ideal photo. Looks like quite a large distance when compared to the distance between your nipple and the crease of your breast (relatively short). Unfortunately, something must be done to stretch this skin of the breast to create that distance and at the same time, not stretch the areola (red part of the nipple). Breast augmentation while stretching the skin of the breast would also stretch the areolar skin as much making your nipples appear larger. Again, something must be done to make the breast larger and nipple size smaller relative to overall breast size.

One final note. The ideal photo looks to me like a round subglandular (on top of the muscle) implant in someone with an adequate skin and breast tissue thickness. It is hard to say from your photographs alone whether you are a good candidate for this type of breast augmentation.

All this is to say that a breast augmentation alone is unlikely to yield a result similar to your ideal.
Hope this helps and good luck.

Joel M. Stewart, Jr., MD
Newnan Plastic Surgeon

Yes tuberous

I'm not sure if others are confused by your wish list picture, but your non erect picture clearly demonstrates mild tuberous deformity on right and moderate deformity on left. You have a significant amount of left nipple "puffiness" or herniation of breast tissue through areola, elevated breast crease/fold and constricted lower pole on the left. It does correct when erect which is simulating a circumareolar mastopexy. You can achieve a nice result with dual plane SRF or high profile implant, radial scoring if needed and possible staged circumareolar mastopexy. Best of luck. 

Are my breast tubular?

Thank you for the question and pictures. You have done a nice job demonstrating your concerns. Sometimes, semantics can be more confusing than helpful. I think that your photographs do not demonstrate any of the major characteristics seen with tuberous or constricted breast. If your breast size or position are of concern, I would suggest that you seek consultation with well experienced board-certified plastic surgeons who can demonstrate significant experience helping patients achieve the types of outcomes you will be pleased with. Breast augmentation and/or areola reduction (possibly with minimal tissue reduction to treat the "puffiness"), for example, may help. You may find the attached link, dedicated to breast augmentation surgery concerns, helpful to you as you learn more. On the same website, you'll find a separate link dedicated to constricted/tuberous breast surgery concerns, for comparison purposes. Best wishes.