I have rosacea (flushing). I have had 4 or 5 IPL treatments over the past few months. Should I try v-beam?

I am not seeing the results I was hoping for. I have heard V beam treatments are good for rosacea. Should I try v beam or continue with IPL for my rosacea?

Vbeam vs IPL

I would recommend trying the VBeam laser; it is an excellent laser for treating rosacea. The results can be seen from 1-2 treatments sessions if done properly. More than 1 treatment is necessary depending on severity of rosacea. 

Montreal Dermatologist

Vbeam vs IPL for rosacea

While IPL can be helpful for mild rosacea, Vbeam targets the redness more specifically. If you have had disappointing results wth IPL I would definitely recommend Vbeam. In fact, I generally use it as my first choice for rosacea. It can cause some temporary swelling. Bruising can usually be avoided with the appropriate settings.

Rosacea

While IPL sessions can be effective for rosacea, the V-beam laser is more aggressive for treating rosacea. Only downside is bruising that can last 1-2 weeks.

Edward J. Gross, MD
Orlando Facial Plastic Surgeon

V-beam for rosacea

In my opinion, V-beam treatments work better for rosacea than IPL. I would recommend trying the V-beam laser since you have not had good improvement with IPL.  

Michael I. Echavez, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon

Vbeam for Rosacea

V-beam is a great treatment option for rosacea which I would recommend, particularly if you are not seeing results with IPL. V-beam is the most advanced Pulsed Dye Laser Technology, treating red skin, broken blood vessels, rosacea, and birthmarks with minimal discomfort and zero downtime. This laser targets the selected area with an intense yet gentle burst of light. and is so safe that it’s used for the treatment of port wine stains on infants and young children.

Dennis Gross, MD

VBeam

Hi. Thank you for your question. It is obviously difficult to give advice without seeing the condition but yes if you have not had improvement with the IPL you can certainly try the VBeam which is a pulsed dye laser. Generally in my experience in this case it is better to go for the VBeam treatment that gives you visible bruising for around a week as this will lead to quicker and better results.

Firas Al-Niaimi, MSc
London Dermatologist