I'm 73 years old and age spots have started, but not severe. I would like to renew the texture and some lines? (photo)

Doctor Answers 2

Chemical peels and fillers are easy conservative treatments facial improvements.

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

A couple of medium TCA peels and some fillers such as radiesse and restylane/belotero would make a great improvement in the skin of your face and be easy to under go. Sincerely,

David Hansen,MD

Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon
4.7 out of 5 stars 46 reviews

Skin Care Treatment options for a 73 year old woman

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Hi Levonda,

That's great that you want to reverse your sun-damage. It is never to late to start.

There are several treatment options available to you; and when you sit down for a consultation with your provider, they will discuss your treatment goal, the downtime involved with each treatment and the costs.

The least expensive option is to have a combination of chemical peels and to get started on a great skin care regimen.

Another option is to combine a series of Allumera Photodynamic Treatments with a series of intense pulsed light treatments.

You could also consider Dermapen treatments to improve your skin texture and stimulate new collagen.

You are also a good candidate for an ablative or non-ablative laser resurfacing of your skin, and if you are willing to have some down-time, this will provide the most improvement in your skin texture.

As you can see there are many treatment combinations to repairing the skin. And once you reach your goal, many of the same treatments will be used in combination with a home skin care regimen to maintain your results.

Christina Steil, MD
Chicago Dermatologist
4.6 out of 5 stars 21 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.