6 months after injection I see fullness in my lower cheeks but not around my cheek bones. Any suggestions?

Is it possible for the bellafill to fall? I paid 5 k for 5 syringes. Is it possible for it to improve at this point?

Bellafill and Migration

There are a lot of myths out there about what Bellafill can and cannot do.  Bellafill, like any implant is recognized by your body as being a foreign substance and just about as soon as it injected your body starts to isolate it so that is cannot move or migrate.  It is this action that actually makes Bellafill work as a filler or volume stimulating implant with long term properties.  If you perceive that you have some sagging of your face it may be simple aging or something else going on.  Hopefully your injector got good before and after photos as this will often tell us exactly what is going on.
I hope that helps.
Best regards.

Kirkland Plastic Surgeon

Bellafill and Migration/Moldability

Bellafill and all fillers can be somewhat molded when the are injected into the skin immediately.  After some time however, the bellafill integrates into the tissue and build collagen and does not migrate. I suggest discussing your concerns with your injector and seeking further treatment.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Is it possible for Bellafill to fall?

In my experience, Bellafill should not fall to a different area than where it was injected.  Since you are seeing fullness in your lower cheeks but not around your cheek bones, it is possible that you need some Bellafill placed higher up on your cheeks.  Without knowing exactly where the Bellafill was placed during your treatment or treatments, it is difficult to give you further advice.  I doubt that you would see further change after 6 months.  

Michael I. Echavez, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon