Had sinus/allergies as child, had balloons put in nose, recent head trauma seems to have undone. Any suggestions?

As a child I had sinus issues, had balloons put in, I am now 32 and had an atv accident a few months back with major head tauma, I started having a weird infection taste in my mouth, thought maybe tooth infection. Then realized the taste is all I can smell as well, I don't know if accident could have cause sinuses to close back, or what I should do to get relief and smell and taste again, any suggestions? Would getting balloons done again be good idea? I'm desperate...

I'm sorry to hear about your atv accident!  With a history of sinus infections and a recent head trauma, you need to see an ENT again for a full evaluation.  It may be a tooth infection, but it may also be a sinus infection.  The trauma may have caused damage to the bones that make up the walls of the sinus or the openings.  I'd recommend a full exam, including an endoscopy and CT scan.

Good luck

Dr Rodman

Houston Facial Plastic Surgeon