Are fillers safe when used on the side of the nose? (photo)

My nose is crooked and bends slightly to my left making my face asymmetrical and appearing hook-ish when seen from the left. From the right it looks good and not hook-ish. I have been told by my doctor that filling in the left side concave to make the nose even and straight would likely solve this but it is dangerous and he does not use fillers on the side of the nose. He did say other doctors would probably do this though. Looking for any thoughts on this. Thanks!

Non Surgical Nosejob Needs--Fillers (voluma, restylane, juvederm)--See an expert

I recommend getting a formal evaluation with a cosmetic dermatologist to discuss your desired results and treatment options. Facial fillers (Voluma, Restylane, Juvederm) can be used to improve symmetry of the nose. Surgery would be needed for the nostrils/shape. See an expert. Best, Dr. Emer

Filler To the Lateral Nose

Thank you for your question. The answer is yes. Filler can be used in this region; but, as your physician indicates it should be done by someone who is comfortable with the procedure. In our practice, when we perform a non-surgical or liquid rhinoplasty we only use HA fillers (so they can be dissolved in case of emergency or dissatisfaction) and we require that the patient stay in the practice for 45 minutes after the procedure to ensure there are no complications. Good luck! 

Anthony J. Wilson, MD
Portsmouth Physician