69 yrs old another stomach hernia 200 lbs have had 4 stomach surgerys is it safe to have tummy tuck with hernia surgery?

Tummy Tuck and Hernia Repair

I'm afraid it is impossible to answer your question with the information you have provided.  First, I do not know how tall you are.  If you 6 foot 3 inches or anything less, then you first need to lose weight before considering either hernia repair or a tummy Tuck, unless you're having significant risks from the hernia itself.  A general surgeon should be able to assess these risks.  I suspect you are probably less than 6 foot 3 inches.  This could be one of the reasons that you have recurrent hernias.  Losing to a normal weight can significantly improve your chances of having a successful hernia repair.  Secondly, you gave us no inflammation on your health otherwise.

Highlands Plastic Surgeon

Tummy Tuck and Hernia Repair

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Highlands Plastic Surgeon

Multiple prior surgeries

Short answer: probably not. Recurrent hernia is a tough problem, let them concentrate on that and get that fixed first. Of course, it is impossible to know your entire story in your 3 lines; it may be that if you lay out your history to a board certified plastic surgeon, it may be reasonable to attempt. Good luck.

Matthew Concannon

Matthew Concannon, MD
Columbia Plastic Surgeon

Multiple prior surgeries

Matthew Concannon

Matthew Concannon, MD
Columbia Plastic Surgeon