Non surgical nose job or full rhinoplasty? I just want a smoother looking nose that is upturned with a more defined tip (Photo)

My nose has always been large looking to me. Personally if my tip was more upturned and defined and fillers were added to smooth the dip I think I would be happy. Looking at my nose would I be happy with a non surgical nose job or want full rhinoplasty? I was hit in the nose twice as a kid and after it never looks the same it's even kinda crooked I think. No bones were broken but it healed larger. I hate how it looks when I smile because it hangs down far.

Non-surgical rhinoplasty can get great results but can't make a nose smaller.

Non-surgical rhinoplasty involves injecting filler to camouflage esthetic imperfections like a dorsal hump or drooping tip. The advantages are clear: less invasive than surgery, less cost, perhaps less risk. However, there is a rare risk of skin necrosis (having a patch of skin die and scar) and blindness with all injections anywhere in the face. FIllers are also not permanent. 

Importantly, most rhinoplasty candidates would like to reduce aspects of the nose, like a hump on the bridge or the size of the tip. While non-surgical rhinoplasty can camouflage these issues, it cannot reduce or eliminate them--so most patients are actually better candidates for surgery based on their esthetic goals. 

Find a surgeon familiar with, and skilled in, both surgical and non-surgical rhinoplasty to evaluate you in consultation. Good luck. 

Cleveland Plastic Surgeon

Fillers in the nose

A non surgical rhinoplasty involves injection off label of fillers into the nose.  It would give you a larger nose, not a more contoured nose with more definition. Also, you should understand that it can be very risky.  If any of the filler gets into a blood vessel, it can block circulation to the skin of the nose or even the retina.  Blindness and slough of nasal skin have been reported, unfortunately probably under reported. You should have a consultation with a rhinoplasty specialist. I have attached a link below.  

Stuart H. Bentkover, MD
Boston Facial Plastic Surgeon

Surgical rhinoplasty for permanent results

The dorsal hump is composed of the bone and cartilage which  which must be surgically shaved down in order to remove it and make the nose smaller. Osteotomies placed in the nasal bones are also required to straighten and narrow the bridge line.  The Nasal tip cartilages can also be adjusted as well, if needed. It's also important to release the depressor septi ligament which pulls the tip downward with smiling. For more information and many examples along with our current price list, please see the video and the link below

Nose

haggard1, no doubt that you would need a surgical rhinoplasty. to increase your chances of a successful outcome see an experienced surgical specialist that does "only faces". Search the Internet. Good luck!

M. Sean Freeman, MD
Charlotte Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty

I do not think that fillers placed in your nose will do much for you. I think a full rhinoplasty to soften the dorsum and refine the tip would be better.

Nonsurgical rhinoplasty has its limitations and risks

Nonsurgical rhinoplasty means injecting fillers (and occasionally Botox) into the nose to improve the contours. It can be done on some noses to make them look straighter, camouflage a dorsal hump, and increase tip definition. The results can last up to a year.
However, injections to the nose have their risks and limitations. Filling the nose with fillers can be quite risky and ONLY AN INJECTIOR WITH EXPERIENCE SHOULD INJECT FILLERS IN THE NOSE!
From the photos you sent, I would not consider you a good candidate for fillers, and would think you would do better with rhinoplaasty surgery. I would encourage you to see a facila plastic surgeon who does both rhinoplasty and non-surgical rhinoplasty and discuss you options with them

Theda C. Kontis, MD
Baltimore Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty

Hello and thank you for your question. Based on your photograph, you may benefit from a tip refining rhinoplasty. Your surgeon can accomplish this by trimming, suturing, and reshaping the cartilage in your lower nose. Cartilage grafts may also be used to help improve tip refinement. You may also benefit from a cephalic rotation of your tip to turn up your tip slightly and a conservative dorsal hump reduction. The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD