I am 58, I am planning on getting a mommy make over. I am healthy non smoker, live in IL NW suburbs?

Please advise, what are the typical procedure done in a mommy make over. I am looking for breast lift and with augmentation, tummy tuck with liposuction. What is the estimated cost? Is it safe to do the procedure at the same time. Thank you for your responses

Risk for 58 year Mommy Makeover

The risks for a mommy makeover requires a complex assessment of your overall health as well as the exact procedure. Breast lifts can involve a variety of techniques and tummy tucks also vary in their extent from mini to extended.

It would be best for you to meet with a board certified plastic surgeon for a full history and physical examination to discuss your goals and plans.  

Dr. Derby sang Caputo

Combining procedures is very common in plastic surgery, but there are some typical procedures that are popular and done daily (TT, Lipo, BBL, Breast lift..)  the combination of this procedures is what we call MMO. Prices vary depending on where you have it done and the doctor. I suggest you to contact a board certified PS and go over all your concerns.

Best of luck

Derby Sang Caputo, MD

Is a MM for you?

Far more important than deciding if MM is for you is the skill and experience of your plastic surgeon. Choose your surgeon rather than the technique and let him explain why one technique may be better than another and if you need a tummy tuck. Many board certified plastic surgeons provide a free first time consult and you should take advantage of that! See the below link on some suggestions on finding the most qualified Plastic Surgeon for you!

What is a Mommy Make Over?

A mommy makeover usually includes a breast augmentation with a lift and a tummy tuck with or without liposuction.  If you are healthy, it is safe to perform the procedures at the same time.  The cost with vary with different regions of the country.  For example cost are more cost effective in the midwest as compared to the east or west coast.  Consult several board certified plastic surgeons in your area to compare cost.  The fees include surgeon's fees, anesthesia fees and facility fees.

Michelle Hardaway, MD
Farmington Plastic Surgeon

It is safe to combines those procedure at the same time. 

Cost varies by Location, Surgeon, Anesthesia, Etc.

there are different types of tummy tucks which one is right for me and how are they different from the other? There is a mini tummy tuck, tummy tuck and a vertical abdominoplasty. The appropriate procedure depends the amount and location of the excess skin. That's what your plastic surgeon will have to determine after the actual physical exam.

What are the basic tips to know if I need a breast augmentation or breast lift? It all depends on the position of the nipple on the breast. The further down the nipple is in relation to the fold the more the chances are the patient needs a lift.

High profile are taller and narrower implants when compared to moderate profile implants of the same volume.The decision is usually based on the patient breast dimensions, amount of breast that the patient can contribute to the projection and I also factor the patients desires. I try my best to also respect the skin quality and elasticity in order to prevent future drooping due to unnecessarily heavy implants.

over or under muscle doesn't dictate what size implant we can use.  The muscle coverage is helpful in very thin patients and seems to reduce capsular contracture according to some scientific studies. Under the breast tissue is the most natural feel and has a less chance of animation deformity when the pectoralis muscle contracts. In most instances only the top implant is covered by muscle and the reset of the implant ends up under the breast tissue.

Choose a board certified plastic surgeon who has done a ton of Mommy Makeover and has privileges to do this surgery at a local university hospital. This says his credentials have been checked out by fellow Drs. All surgeries carry risk, talk to your plastic surgeon and choose one wisely.

Many surgeons, including myself, offer online virtual consultations where you send us your photos and we can estimate the cost. I, like many surgeons, also offer free consultations so that you can be examined and given the most accurate quote possible. Please be mindful that the in person physical exam is the most important and could potentially alter your treatment plan.

Mommy makeover

The procedures you described are generally included in a Mommy Makeover.  For a healthy woman it is safe to have these procedures combined in one surgical day.  The cost will vary by region and surgeon.  The fees will generally include facility charges, anesthesia fees, surgeon's fees, and the cost of the implants.  Visit with a board certified plastic surgeon in your area to learn more about the procedures.  During your visit you will receive a detailed quotation.

Camille Cash, MD

Mommy Makeover Expectations

Thanks for your question. Yes, as long as you are otherwise in good health, these procedures are performed in one step. I always have my MM patients use a medication called, Lovenox, to help prevent blood clots (the most dreaded complication from longer procedures). I also used Exparel which is a long-acting numbing medication which knocks down the pain significantly, allowing you to get up and move around ASAP. I would suggest meeting with a trusted plastic surgeon near you. Best wishes.

Paul J. Leahy, MD
Leawood Plastic Surgeon

Age by itself will not prevent you from having surgery.  If you are healthy, all of the surgeries can be considered.

Breast and abdominal rejuvenation

It is very safe to do both surgeries you want at the same time.  Choose a surgeon well versed in combined procedures who can do both in an expeditious fashion.  

Richard Zienowicz, MD
Providence Plastic Surgeon

Mommy makeover

At  Beverly Hills Plastic Surgery Group we are the mommy makeover specialists because there are two board-certified plastic surgeon is that work together in performing the combined procedures in a timely manner and therefore it is safe for you and you will get the best results possible. A mommy makeover refers to a breast enhancing procedure, whether a breast augmentation with or without a lift and body contouring using a tell me tuck and liposuction.    As long as you have no pre-existing medical conditions that would preclude you from having surgery, you should be a good candidate to have this procedure done. Let me know if you have any other questions.