I am a 60 year old woman, I am about 30 lbs over weight and have a apron flap beginning to take over. am I too old?

Never too old

Hi, thanks for your inquiry, you are never too old, if you are healthy and you are cleared by your primary physician. There is said that the 60's are the new 45's! Please make sure that you and your surgeon are on the same page. Don't forget to discuss all your concerns, options and expectations thoroughly. Have a safe and pleasant PS Journey!
Respectfully,
Dr. Jaime Campos-Leon

Mexico Plastic Surgeon

Tummy tuck

as long as your general health is good go for it. I like people to be within 10 percent of their ideal weight. that  being said the slimmer you are-the safer the operation and the better the result you will obtain

Jonathan Saunders, MD
Newark Plastic Surgeon

Health not age most important

Thank you for your question. The short answer, is that you are not too old for your surgery by a longshot. The more important factor, is your health status, not your age. A 30-year-old with uncontrolled  diabetes or a 25-year-old with a very heavy smoking history is has a higher risk of complications than a healthy 70-year-old. Your  plastic surgeon will assess your safety profile during the consultation. Please visit with a board-certified plastic surgeon 

Age is not a factor

Your age is not a factor, but your health is.  Discuss with your plastic surgeon any health issues you have and medications you take.  There is always a risk-reward ratio.  The tummy tuck (remove skin and tighten muscle) or a panniculectomy (Removing skin) are great operation for the apron you are talking about.  Your plastic surgeon and you can discuss the differences between the two.  

R. McIntyre Bridges, MD
Shreveport Plastic Surgeon

Age & Tummy tuck surgery

No, assuming that you are in good health, you are not too old. However, it is always best to be at a manageable weight prior to any cosmetic procedure, but especially a tummy tuck as it will greatly affect your results. Best, Dr. Nazarian

Sheila S. Nazarian, MD

Never too old

I don't think you're too old for a tummy tuck at 60. It has to do with your overall health more than age. If you have an apron, then a tuck is definitely the way to go.

Mary Jo Wright, MD
El Paso Plastic Surgeon

Am I to hold to have Abdominal surgery?

If you are in reasonable good health your age (60) is not a obstacle for surgery and also to obtaining a good result. 

Fred Suess, MD

Age is not a contrainidication for cosmetic surgery- health is.

Good morning!

Age is not a contraindication for having a cosmetic surgical procedure- it sounds like you would benefit from an abdominoplasty.  If you are healthy and the procedure is performed in a certified surgical facility, there is no reason why you cannot have the body you want.

Having a medical checkup by your PCP to insure that you are healthy prior to any procedure is a must.  If all is well visit a couple of board certified plastic surgeons in your area to get the best opinion for your goals

I hope this helps

Robert Steely, MD, FACS

Is 60 too old for a tummy tuck?

In medicine the adage of "age is just a number" is accurate.  What your surgeon must consider is your overall health.  If you are otherwise healthy and a non-smoker, you would absolutely be a candidate for surgery at the age of 60!  Seek out a board certified plastic surgeon who can discuss your options with you.  Good luck!

Age and weight

Hello. Your current age  is not as much a consideration as your weight. You can have a panniculectomy to remove the apron so that you are more comfortable. Should you want muscle tightening however you should be at a BMI of 30 or less to minimize complications. 

Dr. B