6 weeks post op. What is happening to my nose? Dents and crooked? Bridge looks deformed? (Photos)

6 weeks post op. I hate it! Will anything get better? My doctor is making me feel like I'm crazy. I can't breath out of my left nostril. I see denting and weird blue lines and crookedness. Not to mention the bridge looks deformed. Help me! And my eye looks like there is a deep cave around it. I feel so ugly!! What should I do?

6 weeks post op

Thank you for your question.  It is not uncommon in the early stages of rhinoplasty recovery to see some asymmetries.  Often these asymmetries resolve themselves during the healing period.  It is usually 6 months before the nose is completely healed.  Even though it is difficult, it is important to be patient during the early healing phase. 

Columbus Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty Recovery

You are still early in your recovery period and the nose is expected to be quite swollen at this point.The swelling during this time is rarely symmetric. One side will always resolve more quickly than the other. The majority of the swelling will resolve in 3-6 months, and will continue to resolve as your nose heals for up to 1-2 years. You have not reached your final shape as the nose will continue to heal and reduce in size for up to a year. Once it does reach its final shape you may be more pleased with the appearance of your nose.

Donald B. Yoo, MD