6 Weeks After Surgery (Excision and Lipo) I Still Have Puffy Nipples? (photo)

Nipples are very slightly puffy (I'm guessing from residual breast tissue or lack of firmness in skin) and slightly hard (from scar tissue under the incision). 1)Are there any sort of creams I can be using to contract the areola further? 2)Will chest workouts slow recovery time and increase puffiness/swelling? It seems to have increased after one trip to the gym. Thanks!

Using creams

No OTC medicine reduces breast size in Men ! Stay away from supplements that claim that they can do this- it is a scam. If it worked it would have been tested and FDA approved for this usage. The only medicine that might work for Gynecomastia would be for male breast enlargement caused by an endocrine disorder. You would need to see an endocrinologist for a work up if this involves you - tyically this would occur in late childhood/adolescence but could occur later (from a Pituitary tumor producing prolactin - a hormone that makes breasts enlarge for example)

Puffy nipple 6 week post operative

Dear Amoney86,
  there is always swelling following surgery. it takes 6 to 9 months post operative. be patient, wait and watch. you can use pressure garment at night. creams or chest work out will not make any difference in final outcome.

Hope this information will reduce your apprehension

Milan Doshi, MCh
India Plastic Surgeon

Swelling after gynecomastia

Swelling is quite normal after surgery. it can take several months for the puffiness or swelling to go down.

How long for puffiness to resolve after gynecomastia correction

It looks to me like you are on your way to an excellent result.  It takes many months for all swelling to go away after this type of surgery.  If exercise increases the swelling, it is wise to reduce its intensity.  Compression at night might be helpful.  I hope this is helpful.

John Q. Cook, MD