Will D-Cups Be Too Big for my Frame?

I Am 5'8 , 135lbs and I Am a 34AA is Going to 510cc to Big for my Frame? I want nice breast and advised my PS that I would like a full look to my breast. I tried on the silicone D fillers and it didn't seem to big. My PS advised that I could do 510cc's which will make me a small D. Will 510cc be to much for my frame? I don't want to look like a porn star but I want to be a sexy full. Please advise and help me!!!

Implant size selection to achieve your goals

It is generally not a good idea to focus so much on cup size when planning your breast augmentation procedure because cup size is not standardized.  In other words, a c cup to one person could be a d cup to another.  Cup size depends on your preferred designer. 

I consider two factors when selecting implants for my patients:
1.Dimensional planning
2.Gel Implant Sizing system
Dimensional planning – The measurements of your chest wall are taken. Also, the breast dimensions including the height, width, and current dimensions of each breast form the basis of dimensional planning. Based on these measurements, the implant size is recommended. This will give you a unique breast implant that is suited for your body frame. However, there are some limitations of what size we can recommend. For instance, some implants may just be too big for a narrow chest wall. Your surgeon can review this with you during the consultation.
Gel Implant Sizing system – During the preliminary breast implant consultation, you will be provided with an option to “try on” a variety of implant shapes and sizes. You can also visualize the possible outcomes of your surgery which helps you to get that perfect size to give you the shape that you longed for. This way your preferences are known and you can then pick a range of implants that will “fit” just right to give a soft natural fuller look.  If you have decided on saline implants, then based on the gel sizer you select, we can guide you to the saline implant that achieves a similar look.
Hope this helps.
Dr. Basu
Houston, TX

Too big breast aug

A 510 cc implant is a big implant.Usually I try not to get caught up in "cup" size because it will vary from one bra manufacturer to another.I usually make the pocket and then try different size implants till I get a size that give me good fullness and cleavage without being over stuffed

Robert Brueck, MD
Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon

Implant dimensions for a natural look

To avoid the dreaded 'pron-star' look, as you say, choose an implant with a diameter that is a bit less than the base width of your own breast. A 510 cc implant is going to look 'big' on just about anyone.

How big a 500cc implant might be

The final cup size from any given breast implant will depend upon your height and weight, chest width, breast base width, and your initial cup size and skin available to 'cover' the implant. I goes without saying that if you place the same breast implant in two different individuals you will see two different results. The implant "you' have selected is quite large and you should easily fit a D-cup, perhaps more. You will be full, natural is another issue. Show your surgeon what you hope for. Use any tools including photos at hand, and if you have chosen the right surgeon, he should choose the correct implant for you.

peterejohnsonmd

The Size Of Breast Implants Should Be Proportional To One's Body

While it would be impossible to say for sure whether 500cc implants are too big for you based on just a description, one important question is what is your breast width measurement and what is the base width measurement of the implant. As long as the base width measurement of the implant is not wider than your natural breast base width, it is unlikely that they will look too big. Although I am not a fan of putting an implant up against a woman's chest to see if she likes the size (often not a good estimate), it is good for seeing if something thinks it is too big. And when you have little to no breast tissue, it does become more accurate. Since that test did not scare you off of that size and based on your stated desires, it is very likely that this will be a good size for you. 

You will look great

If you liked the sizers on you - you will most likely like the size also.  With your measurements, I don't think 510cc's will look too big on you.  Good luck!

Is a specific implant right for my body?

Without photos and an examination, it is only conjecture as to what these implants will look like on you. Your body may be able to bear the 510cc implants but they may not be the right size or configuration for you. The specific size that you mention may be too broad and you may even benefit with a higher profile implant.

Ultimately, the plastic surgeon should make the judgement call for the most appropriate size based on what you are looking for. You may be best served by obtaining 1 or 2 more opinions from board certified plastic surgeons before proceeding.

Steven Turkeltaub, MD

Breast implants (500 ccs) are really big.

How to pick breast implant sizes

1) This is the most common type of question on RealSelf.

2) It is the surgeon's job to pick the right breast implants, not the patient's. Implant selection is really pretty technical.

3) Make sure your surgeon REALLY understands the look you want. Mentioning a cup size is not enough. Show your surgeon pictures of breasts you like.

4) Then your surgeon has to tell you if your chosen look is realistic for your anatomy. The most common mistake is to go too big.

5) I recommend that the surgeon NOT make a final implant choice in advance, because this is just an educated guess.

6) The surgeon should have a large inventory of different size and shape implants available in the operating room.

7) Then the surgeon can put sterile disposable implant SIZERS in your breasts during surgery, to see what a particular implant really looks like inside you. This is how to make the best choice. A sizer costs only $45, and takes all the guess work out.

8) Finally, the sizer is discarded, and the correct breast implants (based on what you want and on your anatomy) are opened from the operating room inventory, and put in your breasts to complete the operation.

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)

510cc Implants May Be Too Large

Implants which contain 510cc are very large and are likely too large for most patients unless they are seeking "the fake look".  The key to selecting an implant size which is appropriate for anyone interested in obtaining a "natural-appearing result" is matching the size of the implant to the size of your breast.  This means avoiding implants which are larger than the measured width of your breast.

John Whitt, MD (retired)