I am a 57 young woman whom wants a BBL, am I in danger of having it done?

Oh, I live in Houston, Tx.

Brazilian butt lift in 50's

It is certainly possible to perform a brazilian butt lift in a woman in her 50's.  I will say that your Guinness book of world record nails may be difficult to deal with as you are re-positioned during surgery.  WOW!!!

Thank you for your question, your age is not a risk for surgery, it's very important that your health is over all good, that your blood work comes clear, and your EKG shoes no irregularities. After this protocol we can see if a patient will be a good candidate for any procedure.

Salvador Pantoja, MD
Mexico Plastic Surgeon

Complications of a BBL

57 years young is not a large risk factor if you are healthy. You should see your primary care provider for a physical exam before considering the surgery.  The most common (but still rare) complications of liposuction with fat transfer to the buttocks are: contour irregularities (meaning a lumpy bumpy look) from the liposuction to harvest the fat, fat necrosis of the fat transferred, seroma (blister fluid formation) in the liposuctioned areas, bleeding or infection. Hope this helps. 

Can you get a Brazilian Butt lift at age 57?

Yes, you should get it provided the following:
  1. Get an internist of Family Practice Physician to examine you and make sure there are no risk factors.
  2. You can spare the recovery time
  3. Check out the surgeons technique to make sure the results are long lasting                                                     

In general, if the time of surgery is below 4 hours or the price is too good, it probably is too good to be true and the fat graftwon't last long. 
But congrats to you! That's the spirit, and I wish you great success!

Ricardo L. Rodriguez, MD

Your age alone will not prevent you from having surgery.  Women in their seventies have had amazing results from this surgery.

Find a board certified plastic surgeon who performs hundreds of Brazilian buttlifts each year. Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.

Brazilian Buttock Lift and age

They majority of our Brazilian buttock lift patients are busy professionals. We have performed BBL on patients between the age of 25 to 81. The average age of our BBL patient is 55. The most important factor is your health. If you are healthy, the procedure is safe when performed by an experience plastic surgeon and in an accredited surgical center. We screen our patients to make sure the procedure is safe for them. Hence we do not accept everyone. Safety should be #1 priority. Do your home work well. Good luck

Stanley Okoro, MD