Seen several female photos, does the procedure work as well on "love handles" for men?

Would I have to take off of work the next day. I am an interventional cardiologist.

Thank you for your question. CoolSculpting works great for both men and women. If you are interested, ensure that you see a physician with experience in CoolSculpting. 

Regards, 

CoolSculpting can work great on both men and women.

CoolSculpting can work great on both men and women. The love handles are one of the most popular areas that men like to have treated. We often perform CoolSculpting to reduce love handles and abdominal fat on men at my practice, I would say 30 percent of the Coolsculpting procedures I do are on men. You should see a 20-30% reduction in fat after one treatment, and multiple treatments can be done for further results if necessary. There is no downtime required following a CoolSculpting treatment, you can go back to work the next or even the same day.

Sabrina Fabi, MD
San Diego Dermatologic Surgeon

Hi and thanks for your question. Yes, this procedure is an excellent option to treat love handles in men.

Richard Chaffoo, MD, FACS, FICS
Triple Board Certified Plastic Surgeon

Richard Chaffoo, MD, FACS

Coolsculpting for men

Yes - coolsculpting works well for men, too.  Most people, if they do no more than 2 zones, are easily able to go back to work the next day.  The area may feel slightly tender and "sunburned" feeling, not nothing too bad - I'm speaking from my own personal experience!  

CoolSculpting is a great, non-surgical solution for fat reduction of male love handles

As long as your problem area is subcutaneous fat, CoolSculpting can be equally as effective for men as it is for women. Since CoolSculpting targets the pinchable fat that lies right below the skin, the love handles is one of the most popular treatment areas for my male patients. However, if your problem area consists of visceral fat (the hard, stubborn fat surrounding the organs), diet and exercise will be your only option to reduce fat. 

Louis P. Bucky, MD
Philadelphia Plastic Surgeon

Coolsculpting on "love handles"

Coolsculpting for men is a very common procedure.  Women are often after that hourglass look while men are more commonly after that V shape.  To get a little extra help creating a more chiseled and defined waistline men commonly treat their love handles and are experiencing wonderful results!  You will not have to take any time off work after the procedure.  You may feel sore and tender in the area treated but certainly not enough to need to take any time off of work.  Good luck with youre future CS treatments!

Peter J. Capizzi, MD
Charlotte Plastic Surgeon

No down time

The CoolSculpting fat freezing procedure is non-surgical, so you can typically return to normal activities following the treatment.

Coolsculpting for Men

Coolsculpting works extremely well for both men and women and seems to work even faster for men.  Please consult an expert in Coolsculpting for the best cosmetic results.  Best, Dr. Green

CoolSculpting for men's "Love Handles"

Dear lovecato:

CoolSculpting (CS) is tried and true. Up to 20% of the subcutaneous (under the skin) fat within the applicator dissolves over 2 to 3 months. This occurs for men just as well as it does with women. 

Two actions occur to provide the fat reducing and body contouring effects of CS.
  1. Apoptosis, a process where cold injured fat cells undergoes resorption, and 
  2. Inflammation, where the injured fat and skin undergo a cellular collagen tightening response.
Repeated sessions of CS will assist in further improving the initial results. 

You must maintain or continue the weight loss in order to observe continued improvement. Weight gain will redistribute to other fat cells. 

In all cases, mild discomfort may occur but in the vast majority of patients, return to all prior activities is immediate. 

Please consult with a well experienced and Board Certified Plastic Surgeon and CoolSculpting Team to review YOUR best option.  

I hope this is helpful. All the best!

Dean P. Kane, MD, FACS

CoolSculpting for love handles on men

I would say that CoolSculpting works well on treating love handles in men and women.  Normal activity can be done immediately after the procedure is finished, so you would only need to take time off of work for the treatment itself.     

Michael I. Echavez, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon