I am 54. my jowls are just starting to sag & I am beginning that marionette look. What is the best procedure with little downtim

I am 54 and want something to tighten my lower face. X wrinkles don't bother me but sagging jowls and marionette lines do

Top Toronto Facelift and Necklift with SMAS and fat grafting and Stem Cell

I am a 13-year experienced Toronto plastic surgeon and I trained with Drs Daniel Marchac and Gilbert Aiache in Paris, France and with Dr. Bruce Connell in Los Angeles.

They are numerous techniques for #facelift and #necklift depending on your anatomy, your expectations and the surgeon's preferences; skin only versus muscle and skin - SMAS facelift - superficial versus deep planes, with or without fat grafting, short scar, MACS and traditional facelift, etc.

When I meet my patients in #Toronto and #Richmond Hill, I go over the pros and cons for those facelift and necklift techniques in details so you have a clear understanding.

From the pictures you sent me, you would be a great candidate for minimal neck liposuction, anterior neck muscle repair, and a comprehensive 2-layer facelift and neck lift which involves SMAS (the muscle layer) mobilization and muscle lift and skin redraping.  I commonly add fat grafting to my facelift for volume and for #stemcell application.

Face surgery MUST be performed by an experienced and qualified plastic surgeon, who is familiar with the facial anatomy.

I do discuss the SMAS and facelift technique on my blog: visageclinic.com

I hope this helps and it would be our pleasure to meet you at Visage Clinic in Toronto and Richmond Hill.

Best regards,

Dr. Marc DuPere, Toronto plastic surgeon, #DrMarcDuPere

Voted TOP plastic surgery Clinic in Toronto for 2013 and 2014
Voted TOP Cosmetic Clinic in Toronto for 2014
visageclinic.com/patient-resources/media.cfm

About a Facelift Procedure Requiring Less Recovery Time

A person’s age is best guessed by the appearance of their face. If you feel that your face does not reflect how young you feel inside, you may be a candidate for a facelift.
During your #consultation, your skin texture and elasticity, as well as your underlying skin structure and your facial bone structure will be evaluated. Based on this evaluation, your board certified plastic surgeons will create a custom surgical plan, detailing specific techniques and recommendations to meet your goals. In doing so, he or she should be sure to have a full understanding of what results you expect. If you are not a #candidate, your surgeon can make other suggestions to address your concerns and objectives.

Patients who desire facial rejuvenation that is affordable, quick, and effective should consider the Lite-lift™. Like the Life-Style™ facelift, this is a modified facelift that can be performed in the office with a local anesthetic and improve signs of aging around the neck, jawbone and lower face. These procedures are not "Thread-lifts" or "String-lifts". We do not use the "barbed" sutures employed in these other lifting operations. The Lite-lift™ uses longer lasting techniques that are discussed below. Because the incisions are limited, there is less bruising, swelling and healing time for most patients. Many patients can be back to work in one to two weeks looking rested and more youthful.

Best Procedure for You

The lower facelift will tighten the neck muscles, remove the excess neck fat, tighten the neck skin, lift the jowls from the jawline and lift the marionette lines. It will give you a sharper jawline.

A full facelift will achieve everything described above as well as lifting the cheeks and tightening the temple area.

You look like you would do well with a lower facelift. 

If you would like more information on the different types of facelifts, please read my book "A More Beautiful You - Reverse Aging Through Skincare, Plastic Surgery and Lifestyle Solutions".

Robert M. Freund, MD

Past facelift for jowls, loose neck skin and marionette lines

Thank you for your question and photograph.  Based on your photo you have appear to be an excellent candidate for a SMAS facelift with neck lift which should tighten the neck  remove the jowls and lift the cheeks.  Please consult a board certified plastic surgeon.

There is no currently proven or accepted method for the use of stem cells and facial surgery.

Possibly a Mini Facelift

It's difficult to tell from your photos, but I believe a mini facelift should suffice. I believe your  neck will be addressed adequately by a facelift. Obviously an actual consultation would be necessary to fully assess your tissues. 

William H. Huffaker, MD
Saint Louis Plastic Surgeon

Facelift candidate for jowls and marionette lines

You are a candidate for a facelift.  There is minimal downtime, and patients who follow directions usually recovery quickly.  Consult with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon to discuss your options and expectations.  Best wishes!

Robert E. Zaworski, MD

Age 54 facelift candidate for jowls and marionette lines

The photographs show jowls, excess facial and neck skin and fatty deposits in the neck. A comprehensive lower face/ neck lift will address these issues.  To lift the jowls and marionette lines, the SMAS and facial muscles must be tightened. the neck muscles are tightened in 3 locations and light perception the neck is accomplished all the same time. Anticipate approximately 2 weeks  of visible bruising and swelling. For many examples, please see the link below to our facelift photo Gallery

I have been performing facelifts with minimal downtime for many years.  Most women (and men) want to recover quickly.  A perform the facelift through small incisions, but still address the sagging skin and muscle.  If these areas are not addressed, you will have just wasted your money.

Best Procedure at Age 54?

Thank you for your question.  Based on the photos shown, the squaring off of the lower face, the presence of jowls, and the obliquity in the neck would best be addressed with a Facelift. Is there downtime with a Facelift? Of course, but there is no way to adequately correct these areas without it. I think the best way to look at the situation is to approach the problem honestly and to see an experienced Surgeon board certified by the American Board of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery or the American Board of Plastic Surgery who makes Facelift a big part of his/her practice.

Stephen Prendiville, MD
Fort Myers Facial Plastic Surgeon

What to do for jowls at 54?

You are ready for a full face and neck lift. That is the procedure designed to correct your conerns.

Ronald V. DeMars, MD