I am 52 yrs old. Is that too old for breast implants? (photo)

I used to be a B/C cup before I had children. Between having kids and age I have lost most of my breasts and shape. I just want back what I lost. Is that possible?

How Old Is To Old For Breast Implants?

Thank you for your question!  You are never to old for cosmetic surgery.  If you are healthy and don't have any serious medical problems then you should be fine.  Seek a board certified plastic surgeon and have a consultation with him.  Best of luck!
Dr Dhaval Patel Double Board Certified Plastic SurgeonChicagoHoffman Estates Oak Brook

Hoffman Estates Plastic Surgeon

I am 52 yrs old. Is that too old for breast implants?

Hello! Thank you for your question! Age alone is not a contraindication to a surgical procedure. There are a few medical comorbidities that contribute to a higher risk during any surgical procedure including infections, wound complications, delayed wound healing, bleeding, anesthetic risks, etc. Factors such as diabetes, hypertension, coronary artery disease, heart problems, lung problems, etc are more common in the elderly. However, if you are healthy, or these conditions are well-controlled, you would certainly still be a candidate for a surgical procedure. If your complaints or desires are great enough to consider the surgical option, I would seek a consultation with a plastic surgeon to discuss your complaints and go over the options as well as risks and benefits of the procedure.

You should obtain medical clearance from your primary care physician that you are at an acceptable risk for undergoing a surgical procedure. For elective or aesthetic procedures, your surgeon may want to get you to a reasonable health status prior to consideration for a procedure. Discuss all of your medical comorbidities and medication with your surgeon prior and discuss these risks. Also, discuss this with your anesthesiologist as proper monitoring and medications will be watched closely. This procedure should still be very safe for you and hope for an uncomplicated course with an excellent result! Hope that this helps! Best wishes!

Lewis Albert Andres, MD

As long as you are healthy, you are never too old to have a breast augmentation! We all care about our appearance and 52 is not too old to have a procedure that will help you feel better about yourself! In fact, you appear to be a great candidate! There will most likely be a few tests to take and a mammogram will be needed but definitely go see a board certified plastic surgeon to go over your expectations and discuss your options that will give you optimal results.  I have done breast augmentations on women much older than you.  Best of luck! ac

Angela Champion, MD
Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

Breast Augmentation with Mini Ultimate Breast Lift(TM)

Age is not a contra-indication to implants, however, I believe you need a simultaneous lift. I recommend a new technique called Breast Augmentation with Mini Ultimate Breast LiftTM. Using only a circumareola incision it is possible to reshape your breast tissue creating upper pole fullness, elevate them higher on the chest wall and more medial to increase your cleavage. Through the same incision, implants can be placed. Aligning the areola, breast tissue and implant over the bony prominence of the chest wall maximizes anterior projection with a minimal size implant. Small round textured silicone gel implants placed retro-pectoral look and feel more natural, are more stable, less likely to ripple or have complications needing revision. Implant profile is irrelevant in retro-pectoral position since the muscle compresses it. This technique can restore the beauty of your breasts to it’s pre-pregnancy appearance.

Best Wishes,

Gary Horndeski, M.D. 

Gary M. Horndeski, MD
Texas Plastic Surgeon

Breast Augmentation Candidate

Thank you for your question and photos. You appear to be a very good candidate for breast augmentation.  As long as you are healthy, your age should not be a deterrent to this procedure.  Best wishes.

Breast aug

Thank you for the picture.

I don't believe that age has to do with anything when making you feel better by having larger breast. This will give you a great looking result, I suggest 375- 400 cc's high profile.

Dr. Campos

Jaime Campos Leon, MD
Mexico Plastic Surgeon

Is 52 too old for Breast Augmentation?

Hello and thank you for your question.

Good news! Not only are you not too old, but from the bit I can see in your picture, you look like you'd have a great result!

I recommend seeking a board certified PS and having a consultation to have your questions more thoroughly answered after a full history and physical examination is performed.

Best of luck to you.

You appear to be a very good candidate!!! Best to seek IN PERSOB consultations from only boarded PSs in your area..

Am I too old for breast augmentation

The ideal candidate for breast augmentation is someone who desires to restore their breast size to what they were prior to child birth.  It is very important to be in good health, to have good skin tone, and not be a smoker.  Age is not a limiting factor.  

Robert M. Jensen, MD
Medford Plastic Surgeon

Breast Augmentation at 52 Years

There is no age criteria for breast augmentation as long as your healthy.If any medical problems they should be well controlled prior to the augmenation.

Ram Bhupal Rao, MD, MCh
India Plastic Surgeon