5'2 185 - Am I a Good Vaser Candidate?

i want to do vaser but i dont want to loose everything i like being thick but not too thick would ii be a good candiate i wanted to do my inner thighs stomach arms and back mplease give your best and honest opinion thank you and am also considering going to flordia to get this done

High body mass index but perhaps a reasonable candidate for Vaser

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Thanks for your question.

Your case is a little tricky because the general guidelines for Vaser specify that it is not suitable for obese patients, and a body mass index above 30 (which is your case) is the usual indicator for this.

That said, BMI is not a perfect measure of obesity (for example, body builders typically have a very high BMI without having much more than 8 to 10% body fat).  On seeing your photos, I would say that there is a reasonably high chance that you could have a good outcome because:

• It looks like you have good skin that would reasonably retract after Vaser
  • You're expectations seem reasonable (you don't want to reduce too much)

In my clinic, I usually do a few measurements to get a more quantitative sense of the fat layer thickness, the elasticity of the skin, and whether there are any underlying muscle or bone structures that would give rise to asymmetries after Vaser.  If all these check out then it is possible to do a procedure for a patient such as yourself.

Are You a Good Vaser Candidate

An ideal  #candidate for Vaser Liposuction is a person in good health who seeks a minimally invasive way to remove stubborn fat with less downtime than traditional #liposuction.  Vaser is ideal for those seeking improved definition of muscles and contouring.  Those who seek increased sculpting of are ideal vaser lipo candidates.

There are three types of #Vaser Lipo. Each benefit patients differently depending on their needs. Vaser Lipo  is capable of removing fat from resilent areas providing a smoother and slimmer results. It is common for reducing love handles, extra skin along the bra line or flanks on many female patients. Additionally, it is often applied to the reduction of male breast surgeries, called gynecomastia surgery. Meanwhile, Vaser Hi-Def  targets both deep and superficial fat cells which is found around muscle tissue. This is suggested to tone and defined rather than reduce fat when not necessary. Finally, Vaser #4D, although similar to Vaser Hi-Def works well with the existing muscle tissue.. However, it results in more natural appearing definition to those areas, being treated. Vaser 4D is often applied to treating abdominal region to improve definition.  Additionally, it's not uncommon for Vaser Liposuction to combined with fat transfer which removes and transfers fat to another area of the body. 

It's best to begin consulting with a board certified plastic surgery to learn if you are a candidate for liposuction. If so, you will then learn more about which #technique will work best for you and your goals. It is important you select a plastic surgeon who is #board-certified and has a great deal of experience with #vaser #liposuction. Aside from checking board-certification, it is suggested that you look at before and after photos of the surgeons actual patients, and read patient reviews. Gathering all of this information will help you make a well-informed decision. Always discuss your issues and concerns with the Plastic Surgeon during and following your consultation. Information that you read online may not apply to your personal situation.

Vaser and weiight issues

Your best bet is to go on a good exercise and diet regimen and then consider liposuction when you reach your goal weight if you still have problem areas.

Good candidate for VASER

VASER like any other type of technology assisted liposuction is best performed on patients with Body Mass Index below 30 and with realistic expectations of outcome. You are having multiple areas done which involve a large volume. You can expect significant skin excess and laxity with traditional VASER lipo for at least 6 months. With the Hidef technique that we perform in my practice, skin contraction is accelerated but it still would not be instantaneous. You may eventually need an abdominoplasty along with thigh lift and Brachioplasty if the skin excess does not adequately retract. You need to have a detailed conversation with your surgeon regarding realistic expectations of outcome.

Edwin Ishoo, MD
Cambridge Facial Plastic Surgeon

Vaser Liposuction

You should consider a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon in your area who has a Vaser, and the option of a TT if you are a candidate.  You want the best procedure for you, and not every technology is good for everybody.  If there is too much loose skin, then you need surgery .

Vivek Bansal, MD
Danville Plastic Surgeon