What should I do to get a beard?

Iam 20 years old still am not getting beard on my face. Is it because of low testosterone. To whom should I consult????? To a general physician or skin specialist or a vcare center like thing?????? And one more thing daily handjob will the growth of hair....????plz help me out

Facial hair growth is a genetic trait. If you have very little facial hair there isn't much you can do to increase the growth.

Facial hair growth is a genetic trait.  If you have very little facial hair there isn't much you can do to increase the growth.  Facial (beard) hair transplant using scalp donor hair is a surgical option.

Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

What should I do to get a beard?

Thanks for your query. You should consult a dermatologist. Scanty beard is a sign of some hormonal imbalance which can be corrected by medications. The dermatologist generally orders for a certain blood investigations, on the basis of which the medications are started. You can start applying Minoxidil as it helps in hair growth. Hope it helps.

All The Best

Ajaya Kashyap, MD
India Plastic Surgeon

Getting beard on the face

you , personally have nothing to increase the number of beard .. but yoou may go to  a dermatologist or hair transplant surgeon to learn the reason for that . it is most probably because of your genetics and you may have a beard restoration surgery after age of 23 to solve that problem.

Ilhan Serdaroglu, MD
Turkey Plastic Surgeon

Beard growth in 20 year old

Many young men want to accelerate their beard growth and ask about it. It takes age (genetic triggers which occur in family lines) so if you want to find out when your beard will grow out, you need to find out when your father or grandfather started to grow their beard. Hormones should have kicked in nicely by the time a man reaches 18 but he must wait out his genetics as hormone alone are not responsible for the onset of beard grown. Beard transplants can be done when the young man is a bit older (over 25) if the beard has not grown in yet

William Rassman, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon