4Month PO Rhinoplasty Has Created a Bump - Rasping ?

My surgeon reduced my profile/tip as my nose was 'long' and then suggested to thin the front a little, i don't know how this has happened but my nose used to be smooth now it has a lump on on side of my bridge next to my eye,its frustrating as i hated my profile and now my front on view looks worse. Can this be rasped ? will it be easy? and what does the filing/rasping entail (recovery time/risk/ price as I'm only 18 etc.) thanks very much.

Doctor Answers 4

Just Rasping for Correction after Rhinoplasty

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

          The description you give may indicate just a little bony spicule or irregular callous after osteotomy.   This can be easily remedied in 10 minutes through a closed rhinoplasty approach.

Skilfully done revision rhinoplasty usually works

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}


The most positive thing I can say is that this can probably be corrected.  The details depend on exactly what is wrong.  Get another opinion.

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)
Manhattan Plastic Surgeon

Revision rhinoplasty surgery for bump

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

I fully agree with Dr.Nima that go back to the surgeon who operated on you who can fix the issue.Good luck

You might also like...

Revision rhinoplasty surgery for bump

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Dear keade123,

  • You should first talk to your surgeon who may be able to do it at a reduced price compared to other people
  • If it is just the bump that needs to be rasped, this can be done pretty quickly with minimal expense to you compared to full revision
  • The best way to know for sure is to go to a consultation and discuss these goals

Best regards,

Nima Shemirani

Nima Shemirani, MD
Beverly Hills Facial Plastic Surgeon
4.9 out of 5 stars 80 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.