I Am 4days Post Op and Have Severe Burning Pain Along the Incision, is This Normal?

I am 4 days post op and have severe burning pain long the incision, is this normal or could the binder be too tight?

Burning along incision

The bindr may be too tight and it is okay to loosen it.Also when you cut sensory nerves after surgery there can be burnuing which will go away.Ice is also very good.

Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon

Incisional pain for days after an abdominoplasty should not be severe.

This is something that you should report to your surgeon. Incisional pain accompanies an abdominoplasty but seldom is it severe.

Although burning is a common sensation after TT surgery, that doesn't exclude the possibility that the binder may be too tight. I would call your surgeon with this question. All the best. 

Burning Post Op

I would recommend you first try loosening the binder to see if you get some relief.  What you're experiencing could be some temporary nerve pain from the surgery that will improve with time.  If you're still experiencing significant discomfort, consult your surgeon for evaluation.

Jeffrey W. Hall, MD