Will 325cc and 350cc look natural/proportionate on me and not top heavy or would smaller be better? (Photo)

I'm 5'5" and 105 lbs, 46 years old, breast fed 1 child. Surgery date March 5.

Whats The Best Size Implant For Me?

Thank you for your question!  It is hard to tell without a full examination of your  breasts.  I would recommend you seek a board certified plastic surgeon and have a consultation.  Best of luck!
Dr Dhaval PatelDouble Board CertifiedPlastic SurgeonChicagoHoffman EstatesOak Brook

Hoffman Estates Plastic Surgeon

Breast augmentation and implant size selection

A board certified plastic surgeon can really help with a full evaluation in a very thin person with limited breast tissue for breast augmentation. Any implant may be visible or palpable in a thin person, so choosing a reasonable size implant is important.  Too large of an implant will stretch out the skin and be very visible, but a 325 or 350 implant may be reasonable in a thin person. In my practice, we use several methods of sizing, including Crisalix for a 3D image to see what a patient may look like with implants after surgery. This computer generated sizing system includes most styles and types of implants including Sientra shaped cohesive gel implants, Mentor shaped cohesive gel implants, and Allergan shaped cohesive gel implants.  Some patients call these the "gummy bear" implants.  But Crisalix, also includes the round silicone gel implants and saline implants. We also do in office implant sizing with the nurse and we recommend a rice recipe for home.  Our goal is for the patient to choose the implant size and make the correct choice.  Our re-operation rate is very low because our patients are well informed and choose well.  

My best to you.

Breast Implant Sizing

The exact choice of size that will work best for you is an important decision that you should make with your board certified plastic surgeon. 3D Vectra imaging and simulation, the Mentor gel sizing system, rice filled implants at home in your bra, and bio-dimensional analysis are all methods that can be employed to help you come to a decision. Because size is such an important component of decision making in breast augmentation our office employs all of these techniques with each patient to ensure the highest rate of satisfaction possible. Good luck with your decision!

Will 325cc and 350cc look natural/proportionate on me and not top heavy or would smaller be better?

The best cosmetic result in any particular breast augmentation patient depends on a variety of factors, including: your individual anatomy, desired outcome, realistic expectations, a thorough discussion with the plastic surgeon about the options, and an understanding of the pros and cons of any particular implant choice. Proper sizing is not just about the number of cc’s. The thickness of your tissue, breast dimensions which include the width, height, and projection, as well as chest wall width all need to be considered when choosing an implant. Trying on implant “sizers” of various shapes and volumes while wearing a tight t-shirt, bra, or bathing suit at a preoperative visit will help you and your surgeon choose the optimal implant.

Keep in mind that following the advice from a surgeon on this or any other website who proposes to tell you what to do without examining you, physically feeling the tissue, assessing your desired outcome, taking a full medical history, and discussing the pros and cons of each operative procedure would not be in your best interest. I would suggest that your plastic surgeon be certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and ideally a member of the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS) that you trust and are comfortable with. You should discuss your concerns with that surgeon in person.

Robert Singer, MD FACS

La Jolla, California

Robert Singer, MD
La Jolla Plastic Surgeon

350 cc

A submuscular moderate plus  profile implant will add nearly two cups. A high profile implant will provide more cleavage on the inside of your breasts if desired. You are in a good range and should look great. Good luck.

William C. Rigano, MD
Dayton Plastic Surgeon

Breast measurements are important

I have attached a link that might be helpful...

Hi Soon4me. I prefer to start choosing implant sizes with patients based on the tightness of the breast skin envelope, existing breast width and height. The volumes you suggested may be ok depending upon which style of implant you are referring to. Shaped silicone gel implants with a narrow base and good projection will likely give you a very natural look and feel. Good luck!

Choosing the right breast implant size

Thank you for the question and photos.  What is "proportionate" will vary from individual to individual so you will have to decide that for yourself.  Trying on sizers in your plastic surgeons office will be a key part of knowing what looks best for you.  You have a variety of size and shape options, however, I do think shaped implants may provide the most natural result given your thin body structure.  I would discuss and try on some shaped sizers to gain an idea of what you will look like after your surgery.  Choosing a board certified plastic surgeon that can show you good before and after photos of what you like will also be important.

Dr. Remus Repta

Remus Repta, MD

Thank you for the question and pictures. Based on your photographs, I think that you are starting at a good place and should have a very nice outcome with breast augmentation surgery. Unfortunately, online consultants will not be able to provide you with specific enough advice (regarding specific breast implant size/profile) to be truly helpful. Given that your surgery is coming up soon, I would suggest that you spend more time with your plastic surgeon communicating your goals carefully.

Generally speaking, the best online advice I can give to ladies who are considering breast augmentation surgery (regarding breast implant size/profile selection) is:

1. Concentrate on choosing your plastic surgeon carefully.  Concentrate on appropriate training, certification, and the ability of the plastic surgeon to achieve the results you are looking for. Ask to see lots of examples of his/her work.

2. Have a full discussion and communication regarding your desired goals  with your plastic surgeon. This communication will be critical in determining  breast implant size/type/profile will most likely help achieve your goals. 

In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. In bra sizers can be useful communication tools also. I have found that the use of words such as  “natural” or "C or D cup" or "top heavy" etc means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.

Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup  size may also be inaccurate.  The use of computer imaging may be very helpful during the communication process.

3.  Once you feel you have communicated your goals clearly,  allow your plastic surgeon to use his/her years of experience/judgment to choose the breast implant size/profile that will best meet your goals.  Again, in my practice, this decision is usually made during surgery ( after the use of temporary intraoperative sizers).

I hope this, and the attached link (dedicated to breast augmentation surgery concerns), helps. Best wishes for an outcome that you will be very pleased with.