Will 500cc be too big for my body? (Photo)

I am 5'2....150lbs and I'm getting textured high profile gel implants 500ccs. Even though I'm short I have a bubble butt. Do you think the size of the implant will be portioned to my body? I'm posting a pic of my body. Mind you I am wearing a well padded bra. I am currently a B cup and recently had a tummy tuck and breast lift. Your thoughts please?

Will 500cc be too big for my body?

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
I appreciate your question.

The size of implant best for you is dictated by your chest wall measurements. Once we determine that we can choose the profile based on what you want or need to achieve.  If you are seeking a natural look, then the diameter of the implant should be equal to or, more ideally, smaller than the width of your breast. The breast width is a measurement of how wide your breast is at the base, which should be measured at the level of the nipple. Choosing an implant that is smaller in diameter than your breast width will avoid the "side breast" fullness that is often associated with a more artificial appearance. Other than that, you should choose the implant based on volume, not on the dimensions of the implant.

Silicone will give you a fullness at the top (upper pole fullness).
Silicone implants come pre-filled with a silicone gel and are the softest implant available. They feel more natural, which makes them a good option for women with less natural breast tissue; but they require a larger incision. It may be more difficult to realize if this type of implant has ruptured, so it is important to monitor them with annual follow-up visits. Additionally, because this implant contains a more liquid silicone (less cross-linked), if this implant should rupture, it will leak only into the scar capsule formed around the implant but may cause some discomfort or implant distortion.

Anatomic gummy bear implants might be a good choice to give you volume.
These highly-sought-after, anatomic implants offer a look that more closely resembles the natural silhouette of a breast, and, therefore, are a very attractive option for individuals seeking a natural-looking, aesthetic primary breast augmentation. Additionally, these implants are an especially excellent option for patients undergoing restorative or corrective breast surgery because they provide more stability, shape, and reduced incidence of capsular contracture. Compared to other types of silicone gel implants, the silicone in the cohesive gel implant is more cross-linked; therefore, should the implant shell “rupture,” it maintains its shape and silicone does not leak.

During your breast augmentation consultation, you should feel the different types of implants available, and try on various implant sizers in front of a mirror to help you to get an idea of how you will look following the surgery. You should also bring pictures of the look you would like to achieve, as well as a favorite top to wear when trying on implant sizers.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.
Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative breast surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

Choosing the right size implant

Honestly it's impossible to say without seeing you in person. 500 cc is a large implant. Why don't you try them out with either gel inserts if your surgeon has them or else the at home rice method (1oz rice = 30cc breast volume, place in ziplock bags, put in your bra). Best, Dr. Nazarian

Sheila S. Nazarian, MD

500 cc too big?

Thank you for your question. In order to answer your question, I need to know what your goals are? A Mentor 500 cc high profile textured implant has a diameter of 13.3 cm. This is a wide implant. If you want to go to a large D or DD you may want to use an ultra high profile textured implant which has a smaller diameter. Your surgeon needs to measure your breast width diameter in order to properly select the implant that matches your body dimensions and your goals. I hope you find this information useful. 

Joshua Halpern, MD, PA

How to Know What Size Breat Implants Are Too Big For My Body Type

Thank you very much for your question and photograph. However, without photographs of your actual breasts, it is impossible to give you any meaningful information. Yes, 500cc implants may be fairly large on someone who is 5’2”. My suggestion is to discuss your desires with your Board Certified plastic surgeon in a formal consultation. At this time, try on 500cc implant sizers in a bra with no padding and a form-fitting shirt. This will give you the best idea of what you will look like after the procedure.

Paul Vitenas, Jr., MD

That's certainly generous!

You'd be curvy, that's for sure.  Personally, I think it's a bit much.  When you are "vertically challenged," you can go from busty to looking matronly really fast.  Something in the 350-400cc range would be my guess.  But I spend a lot of time with patients discussing size and projection of implants -- something that's impossible to do over the internet.  As long as the implants are under the muscle you should be ok.  Good luck!

Robert S. Houser, DO
Columbus Plastic Surgeon

Too big?

you would do fine with 500 cc's. from a b-cup, you could expect to be a full d-cup. it depends on several anatomic aspects of your body. this might be a good match with your fullness in your buttock area. to select an appropriate size for you, you need some measurements made at an exam and your tissue evaluated for quality and potential for accepting a large implant. 

500cc for me?

Hi and thanks for your question. You should have already tryed external sizers, with them you can have an idea on how you will look, the other point is do some measures on your breasts and chest to see if 500cc will fit. Good luck.

Dr. Milla

Hector Milla, MD
Mexico Plastic Surgeon

500cc too big?

500 ccs may seem large for someone 5'2", but if your chest circumference is large enough you may need a larger implant to achieve your goals. High profile implants will allow smaller patients to use larger implants since they have a narrower base for any given volume compared to moderate profile implants.  As you can see it is not possible to recommend an implant size without an examination and without knowing what your goals are. Your photos indicate an excellent result from your previous surgery so I would assume your plastic surgeon is making a reasonable recommendation based on his evaluation and experience.

Henry Wells, MD
Lexington Plastic Surgeon

Need in nude frontal posted photos to be sure you can handle that volume! Plus I would recommend smooth over textured... 

Too Big

I think that 500 cc is relatively large breast implants. However it is impossible to say without seeing your unclothed pics but also to know exactly your goals and aspirations.

Dinakar Golla, MD
Pittsburgh Plastic Surgeon