Will breast augmentation fix my symmastia?

I'm having breast augmentation on Wednesday and I already have symmastia. My PA said the breast implants will help the symmastia but I'm worried it will just make it worse. I'm starting as a 34A and having 485cc implants placed to achieve a full C/small D.

Symmastia after BA

After reviewing your pictures from the other post, I have no worries of the fullness over your sternum complicating your surgery. I think you contour will be improved with this surgery, not made worse. Assuming you are going under the muscle, you should ask your plastic surgeon if a small amount of lipo could be performed at the same time. If going above the muscle this should be staged. Best of luck!

Sym-mastia and breast augmentation

Hi. Your surgery is today, and it is wise at this stage to have full faith in your surgeon. From your photographs, the augmentation will deliver a deeper cleavage, and therefore lessen the impact of the symmastia. In most surgeons' experience this is the best strategy. Best of luck to you.

Will breast augmentation fix my symmastia

Breast augmentation can cause symmastia, but without pictures it would be difficult to say in your case if it could possibly fix what you are calling symmastia.  Be careful that the implant is not too large for your chest and skin tolerance.

Paul W. Loewenstein, MD
Milwaukee Plastic Surgeon

Symmastia and implants

If you mean that you have a raised area between the two breasts, then I would say implants will likely  not make it better.

It is not likely to change your symmastia

Breast augmentation will not fix your symmastia.  Symmastia concerns need to be addressed independent of breat augmentation.

Vasdev Rai, MD

Breast Augmentation

Thank you for your question.  Photos and an in-person exam would be very helpful in providing the best advice for you.  Tissue-based planning for implant selection using tools such as Vectra 3D imaging can also be excellent guides in the decision-making process.  I would recommend that you discuss further with your plastic surgeon, and ensure that he or she is board-certified.  Best of luck!

Benjamin Wood, MD, FACS
Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

Symmastia and BA

Thank you for your question. Pictures will  hep to comment. Most of the time it is caused by placing implants too close to each other. Please discuss your concerns with your PS who operates on you.

Breast implants and symmastia

Thanks for your inquiry, but without an picture or exam it is hard to advise.  In general a full implant will increase the cleavage place. I am not sure what your goals are, but please review your concerns with your plastic surgeon again and best of luck.  

It would be interesting to see a picture to determine if you are just flat chested with no medial breast tissue or truly have synmastia. I don't think that I have ever seen a case of synmastia before augmentation. Most are  caused by placing implants too close together.

If you are just flat chested, you should not have a problem unless the surgeon over dissects the medial pockets.

Symmastia

Typically breast implants alone would not be a definite treatment for true symmastia. Symmastia is lack of tissue adherence across the sternum of which breast implants will not make that tissue adhere to the sternum. You would need to provide before surgery pictures to provide a more specific answer to your case.