I'm only 20 and my face is aging before my eyes. What can I do? (photos)

My facual skin is sagging and my mouth permanently looks sad and squished. Is there something I can do to look my age? There isn't a chance I will be able to accept the depletion of my looks- I am incredibly depressed and must address this before I can move on. I've also tried fillers for my lips and hate it... I've been considering a lip lift for a while to make my resting face less aggressive in appearance. My chin also has crepey texture and I can't stand it.

Lip lift? Help with facial aging!

Thank you for asking about your lip lift and facial appearance
  • Here are four suggestions that may help get you started on appreciating your looks.
  • First, have Botox to your forehead lines - research shows that Botox smooths lines BUT ALSO reduces depression. It is an easy offic procedure.
  • Second, you have asymmetric indented scars - these can be excised and convered to smoother scars that don't show up so clearly.
  • Third, measure the length of your upper lip - from base of nose to the dip of the cupids bow. If the length is more than 1.5 cm, a lip lift may help.
  • Finally, you have a small lower jaw and it is not providing support to your facial tissues and probably causing or contributing to the sagging you are seeing -- at the time of your plastic surgery consultation, discuss an extended chin implant (probably a small one) to give your face the support it needs.
  • For all of these, always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Lip Augmentation

Thank you for your question. In regards to the texture of your chin and face, I suggest that you consider laser skin resurfacing which can remove the most superficial layer of the surface of the skin along with imperfections and blemishes and stimulate collagen and elastic fiber production in the deeper layers of the skin, which causes your body to begin creating new, fresh looking skin. In regards to your lips, you should consider fat injections as well as a direct lip lift. While fat injections can provide you a permanent result by using your own cells, a direct lip lift can remove tissue directly from above the upper lip line border and create a slightly raised effect. I suggest that you consult with a board certified facial plastic surgeon.

Ross A. Clevens, MD
Melbourne Facial Plastic Surgeon