I'm only 20 and my face is aging before my eyes. What can I do? (photos)
Doctor Answers 2
Lip lift? Help with facial aging!
- Here are four suggestions that may help get you started on appreciating your looks.
- First, have Botox to your forehead lines - research shows that Botox smooths lines BUT ALSO reduces depression. It is an easy offic procedure.
- Second, you have asymmetric indented scars - these can be excised and convered to smoother scars that don't show up so clearly.
- Third, measure the length of your upper lip - from base of nose to the dip of the cupids bow. If the length is more than 1.5 cm, a lip lift may help.
- Finally, you have a small lower jaw and it is not providing support to your facial tissues and probably causing or contributing to the sagging you are seeing -- at the time of your plastic surgery consultation, discuss an extended chin implant (probably a small one) to give your face the support it needs.
- For all of these, always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS
These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.