Wrinkled skin, crepey when I smile. What can be done? (Photo)

I had a mini lift 2 months ago and it did address some sagging in jaw line and neck it did not help at all with the areas shown in the photos. I see my plastic surgeon in about 8 weeks but anytime I have tried to discuss this area no one thinks its a big deal but it is to me and those areas look even worse with makeup, is there anything that would help make these areas look better more smooth? Any advice would be appreciated.

Wrinkled Skin by Mouth Area

Thank you for your question.  This area is particular concern to a lot of patients as a mini lift does primarily target on creating smoother and contoured jawline, therefore may improve these lines around the mouth however will not get rid of them completely.  In similar patients, they will opt to have a chemical peel to resurface the skin to promote a tighter and smoother appearance.  Please make sure you find a reputable and qualified plastic surgeon or dermatologist who can assess you properly to give you a realistic idea of what outcome you can achieve.

Mini facelift

Thank you for your question. This is a tricky area, and I see what you are referring to. I would start with laser or chemical peeling here. Any facelift technique does not address the skin that far in toward the midline of the face. Resurfacing of the skin to promote tightening and new collagen formation is, I think, where you want to focus now. Best wishes.

Paul J. Leahy, MD
Leawood Plastic Surgeon

Wrinkled skin

Wrinkled sagging skin and fine lines accompany aging skin which thins, loses its elasticity and stretches.  A good skin care program with tretinoin-type medication, growth hormones, hyaluronic acid, etc is the best preventive.  Treatment is best done with skin care and laser treatment in my opinion.  You should work with a reputable plastic surgeon or dermatologist who has a certified medical aesthetician  to achieve the best results.  Fillers and Botox although good are very temporary and more of a camouflage treatment.

Richard O. Gregory, MD

Wrinkled skin, crepey when I smile. What can be done?

Hi, I have performed many facelifts over the past 30 years.  Facelifts won't address the texture and quality of the skin that's affected by sun exposure and other environmental issues.  These wrinkles can be reduced using a chemical peel or a Laser resurfacing.Hope this helps