505cc Brazilian Implants subglandular ??? I am around 66kg and about 5'8 currently a C cup and i have rather broad shoulders

I'm booked in to get my surgery in the next few months i have another consult with my surgeon late July as i am freaking out about what size to go... At my first consult i tried on the 450cc and the 505cc they didn't actually look very big on me at all .. but now i'm freaking out as people class 500+ as BIG!!! my surgeon said i can carry that size quite easily because of my build but he would prefer to do it subglandlar... which i'm also very unsure about ?

#implant choice

HI
It really depends what the base width of the breast is.  As a general guide if your implant choice is a high or ultrahigh profile then you are maxxing out on the volume which will fit and you will be very big.
In my patient population of  your stature and pre-existing cup size,  500 cc would be very big and unnatural looking.

Regards
Damien

What breast implant size is right for me? Is going above or below the muscle a better option?

There are so many breast implants to chose from these days that it may be confusing. The three main companies that sell implants in the US have a variety of styles and sizes to chose from. The important thing to remember is that this is not a one size fits all situation. Small, medium and large cannot be used to simplify the process of selecting the right implant for you. 

Implant selection is based primarily on the patients discussion with her surgeon during the initial consultation.  What goals in terms of size(cup), shape(round or teardrop), and projection(how far the breast " project" from the chest wall) are to be achieved. The surgical approach( the location of the scars)as well all the location of the implant( above or below the muscle- subfascial vs sub-pectoral) are also a part of the discussion. The most important factor which will determine what wirks for you, are your chest wall and breast measurements. Your surgeon can demonstrate this in more detail. This is probably the most important part of the implant selection process. 

In most breast implant procedures the implants are placed under the pectoralis muscle. This is done for several reasons. Subglandular placement is much less common. Your surgeon may want to accentuate the shape of the implant while considering the width of your chest wall along with the thickness of your muscle. Allow your surgeon to discuss their reasons in the selection of size, shape, and postion. Afterall, it is an art within a science

Nick Masri, MD

Breast Implants/ Breast Augmentation/ Anatomic Gummy Bear Implants/ Silicone Implants/ Breast Implant Revision Surgery

I appreciate your question.

The best way to determine implant size is based on chest wall measurements that fit your body. Once we determine that we can choose the profile based on what you want or need to achieve.

Implants under the muscle, there is less risk of capsular contracture. Anatomic implants tend to give a more natural shape with more nipple projection.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam. Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative breast surgery.

Dr. Schwartz
Director-Beverly Hills Breast and Body Institute
#RealSelf100Surgeon

Choosing implants

Your best bet when you are trying to decide on implants is to try on sizers of the exact implant you are considering inside a very tight sports bra. This will give you a close idea of what you will look like. More importantly the dimensions or width of the implants need to match and fit your frame and body. If you are working with a board certified plastic surgeon with an expertise in breast augmentation he or she should be able to help you with this in their office. Good luck!

Dean Vistnes, M.D.
Vistnes Plastic Surgery
San Francisco Bay Area

#drdeanvistnes #breastaugmentation

M. Dean Vistnes, MD
Bay Area Plastic Surgeon

Best Guess

Body type and breast measurements guide the appropriate implant choice but to get a good idea of what would be acceptable to you go to ricetest.com.  This is a great way to an idea of what size will make you comfortable. Many people end up wanting to be bigger. You can always change the implants to a different size. Don't drive yourself crazy. 

Drew Schnitt, MD
Hollywood Plastic Surgeon