I would like some advice on multiple surgeries done at the same time, Breast Reduction, Tummy Tuck & Lipo upper & lower (photo)

Would it be possible to perform multiple surgeries //// if so would you recommend I need all 3

Advice on multiple surgeries...

Thank you for your question. It is not uncommon to have those 3 procedures performed at the same time. Schedule an appointment with a board certified plastic surgeon to discuss your options.

Combination of procedures making a mommy makeover are safe and properly selected patients.

If you're in good health I see no reason why all of these operations cannot be performed together. From the photographs it looks as though you make a good candidate.

Combination procedures

Thank you for asking about your mommy make-over.

Your surgical plan seems reasonable.
  • A tummy tuck and breast reduction are often done together.
  • Liposuction of the flanks and mid abdomen is often a part of a tummy tuck
  • Liposuction of the sides of the chest is often a part of a breast reduction.
  • If you have major medical issues, if surgery will take more than 6 hours or if you want additional areas of liposuction your surgeon is likely to suggest you divide the operations.
Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon
Hope you found this answer helpful. Best wishes.

I would like some advice on multiple surgeries done at the same time, Breast Reduction, Tummy Tuck & Lipo upper & lower

Hello, good question. In your particular case its necessary to remove too much tissue ( mammary tissue, fat and skin of your abdomen and fat from a lipo) I think is too much lost in a same surgery. I recommend you make Tummy Tuck and lipo and six months later make breast reduction. Good luck and am at your command.

Dr. Manuel Marte.

Manuel Marte, MD

Having multiple procedures

It is often safe to have multiple procedures performed, but it will depend on the extent of what you would like done and your health history.  There is a limit to the amount of liposuction that can be done in conjunction with a tummy tuck due to concerns of blood supply and healing.  The best advice is to visit with a board certified plastic surgeon in your area to discuss your surgical goals and see if one trip to the operating room will suffice, or if you would be wise to stage the procedures.  

Camille Cash, MD

Multiple Procedures

Having multiple procedures is acceptable as long as you are in very good health.  If you have had a physical in the last few weeks, make that information available to your Plastic Surgeon.  Having the procedures at a hospital outpatient center will assure your safety and comfort.  I require my patients stay in 23 hour extended care following these types of procedures to assure the best post op care.  Consult with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon for an in person exam to determine your goals and expectations.

Robert E. Zaworski, MD