Tummy tuck after weight loss. Any suggestions?

I had a roll around my waist and my lower stomach hung with stretch marks from three large babies. I do not like the way I look now. My lower stomach goes in and looks good but my upper stomach sticks way out. What could be the problem? I hate it. Went through a lot of pain and still have to hide my tummy.

Dr derby

Thank you fr your question. It is important to see a few photos before we can answer your question well. Please add them to your inquiry. Best of luck 

You may be a great candidate for a tummy tuck and lipo combination.

It’s difficult to fully evaluate your situation without examining you or seeing photos, however, it sounds like you may be a great candidate for post-weight loss body contouring procedures. Most people who lose a significant amount of weight and have had children have some degree of concern with saggy or excess skin and the overall contours of the body. Luckily, there are many cosmetic procedures that can address a multitude of concerns and help you feel more confident. To decide which procedure or combination of procedures is best for you, visit a board-certified plastic surgeon who specializes in body contouring to discuss your options. It sounds like you could greatly benefit from a tummy tuck, possibly combined with liposuction.

Tummy tuck after weight loss

Photos are needed to answer your questions here.  But you definitely need to have a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon in order to properly and accurately answer your concerns.  Best wishes to you.

Weight loss before surgery, some advices:

Thank you very much for this interesting and important question.

Trying to lose weight before a surgical procedure its a very delicate matter, since in many cases a restrictive diet can cause problems, such as anemia, electrolyte disturbances, decreased protein, etc ... retarding the healing process and damaging the surgery.
For these reasons, if your purpose is to lose weight, i recommend you have a BMI less or equal to 30.
In this regard, you must to have a support with a nutritionist, so you can achieve the desired goal, in the most healthy way, without incressing complications risks in the plastic surgery to perform.Kind regards

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

TT after weight loss

Thank you for your question. Need to see few pictures before I can comment. You can also talk to PS for evaluation.

Tummy Tuck after Weight Loss

Women and men who have excess skin and/or fat around the abdomen which does not respond to diet and exercise are candidates for abdominoplasty. Many patients complain that they cannot flatten their abdominal muscles through exercise, which also means a tummy tuck may be right for them. Abdominoplasty candidates have: ·       excess abdominal skin which may sag ·       a disproportionate or protruding abdomen ·       weakened or separated abdominal muscles ·       excess fat concentrated in the abdomen Other tummy tuck patients may recently have lost a lot of weight and need to have excess skin and tissue removed. Many women choose to have an abdominoplasty following pregnancy. Older patients may be candidates for a tummy tuck due to reduced skin elasticity.Depending on the amount of sagging skin, the procedure could range anywhere from mini- to extended abdominoplasty. Considering your description, either a standard or extended procedure which tightens the abdomen and the flanks or sides (longest scar extending around the flanks onto lower back.)A general anesthetic is most common, although mini-tucks may be done with local anesthetic and intravenous sedation. A standard abdominoplasty is generally an outpatient procedure, but extended abdominoplasty may require a short hospitalization of 1–2 days. From here you should likely go ahead and schedule consultation with a local plastic surgeon and determine which procedure would be most helpful for your form and desired results. Best of luck!

Tummy Tuck - Am I A Candidate?

Thank you for your question. It is difficult to provide specific advice without photos. Please see a board certified plastic surgeon who specializes in body contouring for an in-person examination to discuss the specific details of the procedures. Ask to see before and after photos to get an idea of what can be achieved. I offer complimentary consultations to discuss your treatment options. Hope this helps!I

A number of possibilities

It is difficult to tell exactly whats going on without examining you or seeing photos, but one possibility is that the diastasis was not repaired in the upper abdomen. Often when a "mini" tummy tuck is done, the muscles below the belly button are repaired and the muscles above the belly button are not repaired. The end result is something like what you are describing. It could be a result of fluid or fatty excess, but the best thing would be for you to see your surgeon and discuss your concerns. Best of luck to you.

Elizabeth A. Kinsley, MD
Covington Plastic Surgeon

Tummy tuck?

It is impossible to offer any form of advice without either photographs, or the better option, seeing you in person. I would go back to your plastic surgeon and discuss the issues that you are having so they can try to address your concerns.

Asaf Yalif, MD
Roswell Plastic Surgeon

Tummy tuck

Thank you for your question  Unfortunately you don't have any pictures. It sounds like you need a tummy tuck  and possible flank left. A tummy tuck removes  excess skin and fat and tightens the tummy muscle. I invented the Malibu tummy tuck. This gives a very natural looking tummy and bellybutton. In addition pain and recovery are significantly less versus traditional technique  It is not uncommon for patients to take only Tylenol for pain after surgery.

Joshua Halpern, MD, PA