360cc Changing to 420cc - Can I Still Wear my D Bra?

Had 360's the left breast is somewhat flat and pointing down, Doc is fixing the problem, thinking of changing to 420's, can I still wear my D cup bra? I Don't want my boobs to get there before me. 5. 4" 115 pounds. Thank you

360cc Changing to 420cc

As much as it's important to know what size bra you currently wear, the strap size is important to know as well. It affects the diameter of the cup and subsequently the diameter of the #breast implant that you choose. In my practice, about 15-20% of the patients are good candidates for silicone #shapedimplants.
This may provide some insight. If a woman wears a size 36 AB bra and would like to be a C cup, which is the average size that women wear and the average size bra that is sold, she needs a volume of approximately 350 to 390 cc to make that change. This becomes less if she's wearing a 34 bra, because it has a smaller strap size and the cups have a smaller diameter. A smaller diameter implant would then be a volume of approximately 300 to 350 cc. In the same way if she was more petite, maybe a double zero or size one and wore a 32 AB bra, then to become a 32C cup she would only require about 250 to 300 cc. The profile is determined by the amount of projection versus roundness that the you desire, as well as the size of the implant and size of your chest.

Other factors which contribute to the outcome are #size, #shape, and #profile.
The #profile is determined by the amount of #projection versus roundness that the you desire, as well as the #size of the implant and size of your chest. Also, the placement or incision location will also have an effect on profile.
Your Plastic Surgeon will measure you to determine the best shape, size and placement of the #implants to be used. Lastly, another important element to a satisfying result of your #augmentation is realistic #expectations.

D cup bra

I think that you should focus on the shape you wan to be and it on an artificial measure. Every bra manufacturer as a different measure of cup size. 360 to 420 is not a big change. The more important issue is why the left breast is flat. If the breast was more ptotic than the other preoperatively then perhaps using different size implants in each breast or expanding them differentially could have been done or perhaps you would have been a candidate for a small lift. The important thing now is to dialogue effectively with your plastic surgeon prior to any revision.

Breast implant sizing/type

It is very important to communicate your size goals with your surgeon.  In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. I have found that the use of words such as “natural” or “C cup” or "fake looking" means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.
Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup  size may also be inaccurate.
I use  intraoperative sizers and place the patient in the upright position to evaluate breast size. Use of these sizers also allow me to select the press implant profile (low, moderate, moderate plus, high-profile) that would most likely achieve the patient's goals. The patient's goal pictures are hanging on the wall, and allow for direct comparison.
I have found that this system is very helpful in improving the chances of achieving the patient's goals as consistently as possible.
By the way, the most common regret after this operation, is “I wish I was bigger”.

Bras and implants

Bra size does not always correlate with the volume of the implants. On the other hand you are only going up 60 cc's which is not alot.  It depends uponhow tight the brea is now.

D cup

Well, your implant size is going up 60cc (16%). If your current D cup is a snug fit, you may need to go up to a larger size. Why does this matter? If your breasts are the size/volume that you want, why is that cup letter so important?

James W. Ward, MD (retired)
Arlington Plastic Surgeon