Should I get 350 cc or 375 cc? (photo)

I am getting my breast augmentation done by the end of February. But I am not sure if I will get 325cc or 350 cc. Right now I am a 34 B. I weight 130 and I am 5'3. I want them to look full ( like a C) but not huge since I am not a super skinny girl and have thick arms. What would it be the best option for me???

Simultaneous lift required for optimal result

Your photograph shows your breasts are slightly lower than ideal. I recommend a circumareola approach and a simultaneous lift. There is a new technique called Breast Augmentation with Mini Ultimate Breast LiftTM. Using only a circumareola incision it is possible to reshape your breast tissue creating upper pole fullness, elevate them higher on the chest wall and more medial to increase your cleavage. Through the same incision, implants can be placed. Aligning the areola, breast tissue and implant over the bony prominence of the chest wall maximizes anterior projection with a minimal size implant. Small round textured silicone gel implants placed retro-pectoral look and feel more natural, are more stable, less likely to ripple or have complications needing revision. This technique avoids the ugly vertical scars of the traditional lollipop or boat anchor shaped incisions, maintains nipple sensation and the ability to breast feed. If you are a 34 B each 100 cc’s of implant corresponds to 1 cup size change. You would only require 100 cc implants to take you to a C.

Best Wishes,

Gary Horndeski, M.D.

Texas Plastic Surgeon

Implant sizing

The difference from a 325 to a 350cc implant is very minor (< 2 tablespoons of fluid). For most patients, they cannot tell a difference unless the implant is ~50cc larger. What is important is that you trust your plastic surgeon based on the consultations you've had. Also understand that your final size will not be apparent until 8-12 weeks after the swelling has subsided.

David Bogue, MD
Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon

How big to be

Looking at your photo i think you could have either one.If you want to be fulloer then go with the larger implant but I think both are appropriate for your size.

Robert Brueck, MD
Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon

25cc difference imperceptible

A difference in 25cc is imperceptible. It usually takes 50cc to notice a difference in implant sizes. The most common reasons for revision surgery is that the patient desires a larger size, so with those two things in mind, I would choose the 375 (or 350) depending on if the title or question are the 2 sizes you are deciding between.

One tool I find helpful is Vectra 3D imaging, where I can virtually implant the different sizes and styles of implants. The 3D image of your chest morphs into a pretty accurate representation of your final result with some limitations of course.

Should I get 350 cc or 375 cc?

Not much difference in 25 cc's.. I might consider a 400 to 450 cc implant HP type. But only in person examinations allow a better decision.//

Should I get 350 cc or 375 cc?

When in doubt, get the larger size. If you have been trying sizers on, and if you are torn between the two sizes, I would recommend choosing the larger size since the implants might look just a little smaller when under your tissues. Ultimately the difference of 25cc is just barely noticeable, and you would probably be happy with either.

Should I get 350 cc or 375 cc?

Results of breast augmentation are very good and please most of the patients but it is dificult without an in person consult to predict what size will be better for you, Good luck!

Australia Fragoso-Baez, MD

Implant selection

Without an exam in person it is difficult to tell you what implant would be best for you. But, a 25 cc difference in implants is not significant.

There is no way to guarantee a particular bra size. Bra sizing varies greatly between bra manufacturers and a C in one bra will be a D in another. What matters more than the assigned bra size is the way the implant looks on you. The best option for your body and aesthetic goals can be determined in a thorough implant sizing session.

Implant sizing depends on several factors. One of the most important factors is your breast width. Generally, your surgeon will measure your breast width, and then provide you with a range of implant sizes appropriate for your native breast size. There are more nuances to it than just what I've described, but this approach works for most women.

I usually have my patients bring in a large bra and a tight t-shirt to do sizing. I'll then choose 3-4 implants that I feel are appropriate, and have my patients place them in the bra under the tight t-shirt. My patients can then look in the mirror and get a good sense of what they will look like with the provided implant sizes. My patients like this approach and get a great idea of how they will look.

By using this technique, your surgeon can outline a range of appropriate implant sizes that will be aesthetically pleasing, and you make the final decision.

I hope this helps. Good luck!

Asif Pirani, MD, FRCS(C)

350 cc or 375 cc would be appropriate for you

Thank you for your question and photographs. Any of the sizes you mention will look very nice on you. Your concern is that your arms are large and that you are not petite and you want your breasts to match your body. In my opinion when in doubt go larger as that is the most common complaint after breast augmentation is that patients say they wish they had gone larger. If your surgeon thinks 375 will give you a good result and go with.