I Am 3.5 Weeks Post Op/BBL. Are the Fat Grafts Pretty Much Secure at This Point? If Not, What Can I Do to Nourish, or Further?

Fat Grafting

At 3.5 weeks your fat grafts should have a new blood supply.  That which does not will continue to be absorbed. At this point there is not much that you can do to nourish it or prevent resorption.  The extent of the take is dependent on how the fat was harvested, handled and injected. Best wishes on your recovery.

Brazillian butt lift

When your graft has taken is a complicated question with no ready answer. talk to your board certified plastic surgeon. If he or she has done a ton of BBLs he or she will be able to tell you. Nothing you can do will help, but a few things may hurt take. Things like smoking, for instance. At this stage I allow most patients to sit on their grafted area. But all surgeries are not the same and all patients are also different; some heal and become resistant to pressure earlier than others. The final result is months away. So be patient and good luck. 

Ayman Hakki, MD
Waldorf Plastic Surgeon

In general, the results at 6 weeks to 3 months usually represent the long term buttock results.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Final Result After Brazlian Butt Lift

The fate of the fat grafts (how much volume is retained) in buttock augmentation can not be determined until anywhere from 6 to 12 weeks after surgery. There is nothing you can do to help the fat grafts survive better other than not to try and lose any weight.