How can I correct the drop in my face? (photo)

Hi there, I'm really hoping that someone can help me. I'm a 34yr old female who's face over the past two years has lost volume - including my lips and under eye bags are terrible. Is there anything that I can do to help this? Also I'm wondering if I do get fillers how do I cope if I sleep on my stomach. I am unable to sleep on my back. Many thanks and hope to hear back from someone soon :-)

Doctor Answers 5

How can I correct the drop in my face?

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
Radiesse is a great option to build volume and help with facial contouring, though it’s not a permanent filler, it can typically last 8-14 months depending on the area it was placed. I suggest you seek a qualified plastic surgeon and schedule an in-person consult 

Restoring facial volume

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
I have a few points of recommendation for you based on your photo:
  • Your lower eye bags can be corrected by transconjunctival blepharoplasty
  • The flat mid-cheek can be augmented to comparable results with either implant, fat transfer, or permanent fillers
  • Your cheek is not so hollow, but if you are concerned about this, fat transfer or permanent fillers is the solution
  • Your upper lip can definitely be augmented by fillers
With regards to your sleeping position (prone), it will be best to try sleeping on your back with an elevated head as this will be recommended at least 1 week after the procedures recommended.

Somyos Kunachak, MD
Thailand Facial Plastic Surgeon
4.7 out of 5 stars 17 reviews

Fillers for "drop in face"

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
I would start off with some fillers to add volume to your mid-face and to your chin. You should get good results. If you have to continue getting fillers and you really like the volume you might consider something more permanent like implants or long lasting/permanent filler but I would not start with that. 

Jo Herzog, MD
Birmingham Dermatologist
4.8 out of 5 stars 20 reviews

You might also like...

Centrofacial volumization

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
Even though the pictures are not of the best quality for aesthetics evaluation, you have lost volume in your medial, central and zygomatic cheek making you a great candidate for fillers. 

Maritza Perez, MD
New Canaan Dermatologic Surgeon

How can I correct the drop in my face?

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
The photo you sent is not great to evaluate, however, it does appear that you would benefit from volume to your face.  You can achieve this with cheek implants or filler.  Your cheek area does seem flat, and implants may be your best option.  In addition, (again, the photo is not great), it seems your chin is small or receded.  Adding a chin implant or filler to this area will balance your face!

Francis R. Palmer, III, MD
Beverly Hills Facial Plastic Surgeon
4.7 out of 5 stars 28 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.