I'm 34, want to improve my jawline/marionette lines to look more youthful. Would a mini facelift achieve this? (Photo)

I'm not comfortable with the shape of my jawline and saggy corner lips, I've done a couple of RF session before but feel like this is not a solution for me. Wondering if a with a mini face lift I can achieve a more defined jawline and get rid of my saggy marionette lines? Can you see this or is it just an obsession that I have for ages? Am I too young for a mini lift? Dose it worth to have a scar on my ear line but get rid of the unhappy downward shape? P.S. I'm not overweight at all.

?Surgery

I recommend that you see a board certified plastic surgeon.  I'd like to have a better view of your lower face area.  You appear, however to be a good candidate for a sub mental liposuction.  This procedure would be effective in improving your cervical facial angle and to sharpen up the definition of your jawline.

Facial changes at 34

• Research shows that women start seeing facial changes as early at the mid-twenties.
  • One would need to examine your entire face but judging from the photos I would suggest
  • Fillers in the marionnette lines
  • Possibly a neck liposuction and platysma tightening,
  • Possibly a limited face lift - I have done a number on women your age with lasting improvement.
  • First, have your thyroid checked. A low functioning thyroid can cause these changes and treatment is thyroid replacement, not surgery. Best wishes.

Correcting jawline with mini-facelift

I think you are a bit too young to start having facial rejuvenation surgery.  I would recommend trying fillers first to see if they produce a suitable improvement.  I do not see RF as appropriate for your situation and agree that it is not an effective solution.

Early aging

When I see patients who feel they are developing facial aging changes way too early, it usually indicates an imbalance of the soft tissue and underlying bony facial structure.  I can't see your whole face in these pictures, but you seem to have a short, under projected chin. This leads to a typical look: fullness under the neck, a blunted appearance of the jawline, a deep labiomental sulcus (the crease between the lower lip and chin) and early jowl formation. Submental liposuction, a chin implant and filler in the prejowl sulcus will likely improve this appearance. A mid face lift may be indicated when there is significant jowl and very deep marionette lines. Good luck! 

Liposuction and fillers

Liposuction may help define your jawline, and fillers will smooth away the marionette lines. However, it would be best to see a board certified PS for an inperson assessment.

Ready for a facelift?

You are too young to justify a faceluft at this point, but you might consider liposuction of the neck and under the chin.  It can be done under local anesthesia, it's inexpensive, and the recovery is easy.

Ronald J. Edelson, MD

Mini Face Lift

Not really. It seems that your concerns can be adressed with MUCH more effective options which also happen to be less invasie. You should have an evaluation by an experienced plastic surgeon.

Robert H. Hunsaker, MD

Improving contours of your face

can be accomplished in a multitude of ways.  Liposuction or effective skin tightening technologies could probably do the trick for you without a major procedure.  Always know the 'what ifs' when having 'new' technologies used as we have seen too many failures.  If your surgeon won't provide some kind of warranty for the outcome, find one that will.

Curtis Wong, MD

Facial Rejuvenation

The jawline and Marionette lines can be improved and there are several options.  It is best to consult with a board certified specialist in the face who can assist you with achieving the results you seek.  Do not let chronologic age determine what is best to improve your appearance.  3-dimensional computer imaging can also help you visualize what you might look like afterwards and serve as an important tool for communicating with your surgeon.  

Kimberly Lee, MD

I'm 34, want to improve my jawline/marionette lines to look more youthful. Would a mini facelift achieve this?

The answer to your question, is yes...a minilift would do just that.  I think a mini-incision facelift would work perfectly for you.  There are other things that will work if a minilift is not something you want to do now.  I would use fillers; a bit of liposuction under the chin and some type of skin tightening.  I use the Protege Elite and have great success with it!