After recovery will you just want to sleep and feel weak?

After recovery. The next couple of days. Will you just want to sleep and feel weak? Or if you take your pain meds you will be mobile ?

Post Op Fatigue

You should certainly be mobile post op but many people feel a little tired and groggy for a few days after anaesthetic and stronger pain medications may affect you this way as well. I recommend that my patients walk around a little- not spend all day in bed- but you will want to have time set aside to relax as well.

All the best

Breast augmentation recovery - what will one do in the first two days?

Thank you for asking about your breast augmentation.
  • Assuming your implants are under the muscle and you do not have Exparel injections for the pain, your first 3 days will be ones of rest, taking pain meds and having pain when you move.
  • Usually the pain subsides after 3 days - but it can last longer especially if implants are very large.
  • Since every person is different, ask your surgeon if this seems about what to expect for you.
Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.
Best wishes - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Sleepy after recovery

Everyone recovers differently but its normal to feel sluggish or tired for a few days after surgery due to the medications and or anesthesia.  You should be taking it easy; rest but its also a good idea to move around don't spend all day in bed without moving.  If you really feel this is a concern you should reach out to your surgeon.

N. Bill Aydin, MD
Paramus Plastic Surgeon