33 Female Fair African American- How can I get rid of these black eyes top and bottom, wrinkles, and excess skin on top? (Photo)

I really have these dark raccoon eyes, it may be heredity, if so what can I do to get rid of them or lighten them. Yes I have tried Restylane, it has not helped just seem to my my pocket seem deeper than what they were before. Yes in addition to the my dark eyes I have lost some fat volume from under my eyes, the reason for the Restylane. I need to know would like fix be best with a blepharoplasty both upper and lower eyelids.

Doctor Answers 3

Dark circles

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
Tough to tell much from these pictures.  You do seem to have a fairly deep lower eyelid.  I am surprised the restylane didn't help .  You may just need to have more put in.  Blepharoplasty will sometimes help the darker color by stretching the skin.  But you would still want to do something to fill in the hollow and fat might be a good option for you.  Really need to be seen in person to figure out what would work best.   

Coral Gables Oculoplastic Surgeon
5.0 out of 5 stars 31 reviews

Getting rid of black eyes, wrinkles, and excess skin

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
Upper and lower eyelid blepharoplasty may be an option for you.  Although, the procedure will not change the color of the skin, it can smooth and stretch the skin, which can result in a lighter appearance. A skin lightening cream, along with the blepharoplasty, could be considered.  Seek out a board certified plastic surgeon with extensive experience in blepharoplasty surgery.  Best wishes, Dr Lepore. 

Vincent D. Lepore, MD
San Jose Plastic Surgeon
4.7 out of 5 stars 63 reviews

Getting rid of these dark eyes

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
  As always, it is difficult to make recommendations for treatment without seeing someone in person.  Of course, the photos help, but the quality and head position, make it difficult to make concrete suggestions.  The first photo suggests that you may have true upper eyelid ptosis and if this is the case you would need to address this with bilateral ptosis repair, not just upper lid blepharoplasty.  I would suggest you find a physician near you from the directory of asoprs.org.  Good luck!

Lawrence Kass, MD
Saint Petersburg Oculoplastic Surgeon
4.8 out of 5 stars 140 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.