Am I a good candidate for Blepharoplasty lower eyelid surgery? (Photos)

Everyone always ask me if I'm tired because I always have this tired look. I've tried fillers before and didn't like how it made me look. I want a more natural look. I was wondering if lower eyelid surgery would give me a more fresh youthful look instead of this I'm tired look?

Lower lid hollowing

It doesn't look like you have anything that would be helped with a lower lid surgery.  The main issue here is the hollowing of the tear trough area.  HA fillers usually work great for this when done correctly.  Do you know what filler you have put in before??  May want to try a different one or a different injector as that can make a big difference.  Have very few people who are not happy with lower lid fillers when they have this type of hollowing.  

Coral Gables Oculoplastic Surgeon

You will need upper and lower eyelid blepharoplasty

You need upper blepheroplasty more than your lower blepharoplasty.  However upper blepheroplasty and a conservative lower blepheroplasty will benefit you. Fillers are ill suited  for this purpose.

Vasdev Rai, MD

Avoid lower eyelid surgery

I would recommend a small amount of filler to each lower eyelid/cheek junction. The goal is to give you a natural look. Fat removal will leave you hollow and will worsen over time. Good luck!

Michael A. Burnstine, MD

You are absolutely a poor candidate for lower eyelid surgery.

Generally this surgery is best for people with herniate lower eyelid fat producing lower eyelid bags.  You do not have this.  You actually need volume in the lower eyelid.  Lower eyelid surgery can be used to remove skin from the lower eyelid but that is not very satisfactory either and it tends to pull the lower eyelid down making a contour problem after surgery.  I would encourage you to think about having lower eyelid fillers which is the current state of the art treatment for your under eye hollows.

Thank you for your question. A lower eyelid blepharoplasty  is used to remove bags from below the eyes.  I don't see any prominent bag over your lower eyelid.  I do see excess upper eyelid skin. This is treated with an upper eyelid blepharoplasty.For more information please see the enclosed video.

Joshua Halpern, MD, PA

Tired appearance

based on the photographs you posted it looks like you have some cheek volume loss and deep tear troughs. I would be curious to know what filler you have tried and what you did not like about it. fat transposition blepharoplasty may be an option but would advise to have a detailed discussion with an experienced eyelid surgeon about your goals and expectations.

Flora Levin, MD FACS
Westport Oculoplastic Surgeon

Blepharoplasty Vs Facial Fillers to Revitalize the Cheek and Eyelid junction:

Eyelid surgery is best for those with extra lid skin and fat. You do not appear to have these in the area of your lower lids.  However, facial fillers will assist in taking the hollow or sunken look away from the lower lid and bone junction.  Fillers such as Radiesse and Voluma when properly placed in the cheek area will lift and contour the concave or sunken areas of the face. Fillers should not be placed in the eyelid or above bone of the orbit or rim.  Facial fillers when properly and artistically placed enhance the contour and revitalize the mid-face. During your consultation you should look at before and after photos of other patients and get a full understanding of what can be accomplished by the plastic surgeon.  Experience with the product being injected and skill in contouring the face with Radiesse and Volume are important in affording you optimal results.