Advice for chubby cheeks and double chin? (photos)

I have quite a lot of extra fat on my cheeks, along jawline and under chin that I inherited from my father. Id like to know which exact surgical procedures would suit my case and take off as much as possible to achieve a slim face and best result? (planning Rhinoplasty after) I would like to be able to smile without it bunching, and have a visible jawline. Ive researched and my conclusion has come to buccal fat removal with lipo for under chin and along jawline - is this the right direction?

Improving facial proportion will give you a beautiful result!

Hello!

You have a beautiful face, and all you need is a bit better balance between your lower cheek region, your chin (and possibly your nose).

I agree that your lower cheeks have extra fullness which makes the apples of your cheeks appear smaller. Buccal fat removal is a great technique (with easy recover) to create a subtle concavity which accentuates the apples of your cheeks.

Your "under chin" (sub-mental) area is slightly full, but it's less that you have excess fat there (and so liposuction isn't the answer), and more because your chin doesn't have much projection. A chin augmentation with an implant will pull the under-chin tissues forward thus removing the double chin and creating a more defined neck and under-chin line. It will also define your jawline, reduce the shadow from the corners of your mouth (marionette lines), and reduce the chin puckering that I see on your frontal photo.

Finally, if you're considering a rhinoplasty, I recommend a "closed" technique (no visible scar on the under-surface of the nose) in order to create a straight bridge and define the tip better. All of these procedures are safe to do in one surgery. The advantages include having one recovery and surgery would overall be more cost-effective than undergoing multiple separate surgeries.

All the best in your search!
- Dr. Rad

Washington DC Plastic Surgeon

Advice for chubby cheeks, double chin and small jaw? = multiple options #plasticsurgery #buccalfatpad

Several plastic surgery procedures can help to make a face more balanced, angular and chiseled. Among the possibilities,  submittal liposuction, buccal fat pad, cheek implants or filler augmentation and chin implants could help to achieve that goal depending on the patient's physical findings and wishes.

Patients interested in determine what plastic surgery procedures are suitable to achieve certain facial physical findings hould make a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon specialized in procedures of the face

John Mesa, MD