What's wrong with my lips? (Photo)
Doctor Answers 7
Post Lip Augmentation Bruising and Bumps
Unfortunately bruising is always a possibility when you do injections, no matter where the injection is. The lips are especially well supplied with blood vessels, so bruising there is particularly common. The good news is that this will go away and you will have many months to enjoy your new lips. Pineapple, arnica and bromelaine supplements may help speed up the process to some degree. As far as the lumps and bumps go, that is common in the short term and tends to go away with a little time. Try to massage the lips - that should help smooth them out. Hope that helps!
Lips - bruised and lumpy after 3 days
- I can clearly see the lumpiness in the inner lip.
- You are swollen and that will improve over the next week.
- Without a before photo, one can't be sure but it looks as though you have too much filler in your lips.
- It looks too near the surface.
- And you are bruised because your injection was done with a needle, not a cannula.
- I suggest that when you are next treated, you see a plastic surgeon who uses cannulas and who does these injections with the care and attention they deserve.
- Even so, you will be swollen for up to two weeks.
- Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.
Best wishes - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS
Time will heal!
You might also like...
Lip Injections and Bruising
Unfortunately you have some bruising from the lip injections. I always recommend taking Arnica before the procedure and discontinue any blood thinners before the injections. Please consult an expert. Best, Dr. Green
Swelling/Bruising/Lumpiness (early) from Fillers
Post-filler swelling and bruising are common and can take 1-2 weeks to fully subside, so it may be early to assess your final result. If you are not pleased with your final result, the product can be dissolved with injection of an enzyme called hyaluronidase. To maximize the likelihood of a favorable outcome, I recommend that you only get treated by a well-trained and experienced dermatologist or plastic surgeon.
Hope this opinion is helpful to you. Best of luck, Dr. Frucht.
What's wrong with my lips?
These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.