Fluid retention 9 months post-tummy tuck & liposuction (and breast reduction)? Is this normal?

I have never heard of someone having as much fluid retention (abdomen & flanks only) as I have. I go from having a relatively flat stomach to looking several months pregnant during the day. Every. Single. Day. It is worse on days that I exercise or when it is very hot. It's not swelling - it is definitely fluid/water. It looks like 2 different stomachs from 9AM to 9PM. I start peeing it out around 5AM and it is gone by 9AM. It seems to be between 3-5 lbs. of water every day. Normal after 9MO?

What you are describing is a transient phenomenon that is remedied with reduction in activity and diuresis.  This may be some residual swelling, but it is always best to ask these questions of your chosen surgeon as recommendations may be different.

Post op fluid retention

No, what you are describing is not normal, but then again, every individual heals at her own rate. I do, however, think that you should schedule an appointment with your surgeon to be assessed in person. Always best to err on the side of caution.

Kindly,

Kouros Azar

Kouros Azar, MD
Thousand Oaks Plastic Surgeon

Tummy Tuck/Abdominoplasty/Liposuction/Vaser High Definition Procedures/Tummy Tuck Revision

I appreciate your question.

Since there has been a change in your post op course, please contact your surgeon so he/she can examine you and recommend the most appropriate treatment plan at this time.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.

Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

#RealSelf100Surgeon