I have large pore and acne scars. Wrinkles around my mouth, forehead, and eyes. (Photo)

What would you recommend to correct these problems. I'm only 49 yrs old.

Scars and wrinkles

Based on the photo you provided, I would suggest that Botox may work well for the wrinkles on your forehead and between your eyebrows. For the fine lines under your eyes I think laser resurfacing may be a good option. The photo did not demonstrate your large pores and wrinkles around your mouth as clearly however a combination of laser resurfacing and fillers can often help perioral wrinkles and to a lesser degree the large pores may benefit from laser resurfacing. Hope this helps

Santa Monica Dermatologist

Laser Resurfacing

Thank you for your question. Laser resurfacing is engineered to remove facial wrinkles and deep lines around the mouth and eyes. I suggest that you consult with a board certified facial plastic surgeon.

Ross A. Clevens, MD
Melbourne Facial Plastic Surgeon

Wrinkles, pores, scars

It appears that you have brow ptosis and skin excess in the upper lids. Modest lifting in combination with MiXto CO2 skin resurfacing with or without Botox in the "11" lines would give you great results. A combination of surgery and resurfacing also appear natural. Your forehead wrinkles are there because you are using your frontalis muscle to help lift the lids. Fillers would benefit as a secondary treatment. Best wishes with your decisions.

Sara A. Kaltreider, MD
Charlottesville Oculoplastic Surgeon

I have large pore and acne scars. Wrinkles around my mouth, forehead, and eyes.

Large pores can be diminished effectively with a radiofrequency treatment such as Viora®. Many acne scars and superficial wrinkles may be resurfaced with Fraxel® laser. Deeper wrinkles may require treatment with Botox Cosmetic® and/or a filler such as Juvederm®.

Manjula Jegasothy, MD
Miami Dermatologist