Am a 28 Years Old Female, Would PRP Helps to Improve the Bags and Puffiness Under my Eyes?

I have heard about the platelet rich plasma, and am wondering if it helps in my case, the puffiness under my eyes is really worsen day by day, I use to have it earlier, but after crying too bad, but now it's an everyday thing, and it's not the same in both eyes, the puffiness is worse under my right eye, and it comes with this red to purple shade, with saggy skin, and you can easily see veins under the skin. So what can I do about it?

PRP for Puffy Under Eyes

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

PRP or Platelet-Rich Plasma can possibly be helpful in managing dark and puffy under eyes. It is minimally invasive and is extremely safe. Patients are reported to have little to no down time, side effects, and even allergic reaction. You can also opt for fillers with temporary effects or even undergo blepharoplasty for permanent results.

However, in your case, it will be hard to determine if you are a candidate for PRP injection since there is very little information provided and no photos for reference. It is even difficult to identify which procedure will exactly work for you. So, I would highly recommend looking for a board certified plastic surgeon  or dermatologist so you can get thorough evaluation of your puffy under eyes. Your board certified doctor will also be able to help you create a treatment plan that will work well for you.

Santa Barbara Plastic Surgeon

Will PRP help improve bags and puffiness under the eyes?

There are numerous causes for dark circles under the eyes.  While lack of sleep is certainly one of them, other common causes include:  pigmentation irregularities, sun exposure, visible blood vessels, stress, allergies, atopic dermatitis, pseudoherniation (outpouching) of fat from the eyelid, and heredity, to name a few.  Fat can cause the appearance of dark circles, which can be corrected by fat repositioning blepharoplasty.

Some pigment can be treated with laser and/or bleaching creams.  However, if it is too deep the treatment will not be effective.  Surgery can not correct dark circles due to every cause, but it will correct dark circles that are due to the aging process. You are still young, and the cause of your dark circles is not age related. This will influence the method of treatment.

PRP may potentially help, but I would really need to see photos and/or perform an exam to give you the best advice. I hope this helps, and please feel free to ask any additional questions, I would be happy to answer them for you!

Paul S. Nassif, MD

The standard treatments for this area are hyaluronic acid based fillers such as Juvederm and Restylane or lower eyelid surgery to recontour the eyelid (blepharoplasty). Fillers are a temporary fix (up to one year) while surgery will permanently improve the appearance of the eyelid. It is impossible to say which of these treatments are best for you without seeing photos or an in person consultation. [Please purchase a license if using PhraseExpress for non-personal tasks] I hope this information is helpful.

Stephen Weber MD, FACS