Rhinoplasty one week post op. What should I do?

Today i was in weight training and it involved alot of stretching and exercises. I did jumping as well but lightly but ever since i came home from weight training the bridge of my nose hurts. Im afraid i ruined the shape and procedure. What should i do?

Post rhinoplasty

To be honest I am surprised that your plastic surgeon recommended strenuous activity so short after Rhinoplasty. If there was bony work done to the nose it takes initially about 2 weeks for the bones to becomes sticky and then an additional 6 weeks until there is reasonable support. I would recommend that you visit your Surgeon as soon as you can to have him/her examine the nose. I hope all works out for the best.

South Africa Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty 1 week post op

Thank you for your question.  I allow my patients to resume all activities 8-10 days following rhinoplasty except any activities which may result in injury to the nose such as contact sports.  The nasal bones will be fragile for 6-8 weeks.  However, you should consult with your surgeon to make sure no damage has been done and follow their post rhinoplasty recovery protocol.  Best of luck.

Michael Sullivan, MD
Columbus Facial Plastic Surgeon