25 Y/o Male Deep Indentations in Mid-cheek. Looking for Low Risk Treatment? (photo)

I noticed the appearance of these lines a year or two ago and the degradation since then has been exponential. An overview of my options weighed against cost and risk (of permanent disfigurement beyond what I already experience) would be greatly appreciated. Cheers.

Doctor Answers 1

Deep Indentions in the Mid-Cheek.

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

You appear to have a thin face and are probably in good shape, or at least thin yourself.  As a result of low body fat, the face can appear sunken and it is exacerbated by age and loosening of the ligaments in the face.  As a result, replacing the volume with a filler is typically the procedure of choice for your condition.  There are many types of fillers but really gets broken down into just a few.  That is hyaluronic acid fillers (juvederm, restylane), Calcium, hydroxyappetite filler (Radiesse), poly-lactic acid fillers (Sculptra), fat transfer, and permanent fillers (Artefill).  It will be up to your health care provider to decide, with your input and financial condition, which filler to use and where.  Good Luck!

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.